Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Klew721
Klew721 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Undo Jailbreak

I have jailbroken my brand new Kindle Touch and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the jailbreak?

I just did a factory reset. Will that remove the jailbreak?
Klew721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew721 View Post
I have jailbroken my brand new Kindle Touch and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the jailbreak?

I just did a factory reset. Will that remove the jailbreak?
I'm not sure if the jailbreaks for the 4.0 software is the same as the 3.x software on my K3, but to uninstall the jailbreak on mine I had to put in a .bin file from the original jailbreak version and perform an update to run it, which restored the system back to the pre-jailbreak state. The uninstaller had to be from the same version as the original jailbreak.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Klew721
Klew721 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just reset my device and it looks to be fine. Is there a way to check if the jailbreak is gone?
Klew721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The jailbreak only creates one file: /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem.

You can delete that file manually, or install update_touch_jailbreak_1.0_uninstall.bin from the MP3 jailbreak.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote