Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What age group do electronic book readers belong to?
0-15 0 0%
15-20 5 2.12%
20-30 32 13.56%
30-40 50 21.19%
40-50 66 27.97%
50-60 57 24.15%
60+ 26 11.02%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #16
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Do you want my age group now or the age group I was in when I first started reading e-books? The answers will be different.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #17
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I'm 19. I'm not really surprised at the results so far, all my friends don't even read physical books, never mind ebooks.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #18
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I voted my age, of course.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
David71
Enthusiast
David71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I voted my age. I went with 30-40, since I recently turned forty and forty-one is the first year of my fifth decade. Works for me.
David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #20
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
I voted my age. I went with 30-40, since I recently turned forty and forty-one is the first year of my fifth decade. Works for me.
And what decade were you in before you turned 1? (an 11 year long decade 1?) Your approach only works for our calendar, since they skipped over year 0.

Last edited by HansTWN; 05-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:50 AM   #21
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
This makes me feel old. Can't we just forget age (you do remember Dark Shadows after school, don't you?)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #22
mousy courage
mousy courage began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (non-wifi)
I'm in the 15-20 category (actually...I just noticed the 20-30 option. Might have been better to go with that...oh well). However, I must be one of the few. None of my friends have expressed an interest in ereaders and today was the first time I saw one at my university(a nook in case anyone was wondering). I'm switching schools at the for next semester, however, and the school is much bigger so we'll see how common ereaders are.
mousy courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #23
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
This makes me feel old. Can't we just forget age (you do remember Dark Shadows after school, don't you?)
After the Edge of Night, and before the 4:30 movie (before Oprah that was what aired in the 90 minutes for the local 6:00 news) ... "Judgement at Nuremberg" was kinda boring for a little kid; "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" was better.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #24
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Poll is flawed!

No choice for Portugal.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Portugal? What does Portugal have to do with a poll on age? I'm a little puzzled by that one. Can you elaborate?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #26
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Portugal? What does Portugal have to do with a poll on age? I'm a little puzzled by that one. Can you elaborate?
You are not alone, perhaps an insider bailout joke?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #27
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sigh.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:57 AM   #28
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

The real flaw (as others have discovered) is the decimetrical confusion.

If one is 20, what do they choose? "15 to 20" or "20 to 30"?

Etc.

"Portugal" was just a reference for people who still had a humorous.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #29
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Faint memories, but I think at that time I was more Into "The New Zoo Review" I was at a young age heart stricken for Emmy Jo.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #30
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I thought 30-40 was for someone who was between 30 and 40 yrs old, so I voted in the 40-50 range since I turned 40 last birthday.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote