Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2019, 03:12 AM   #1846
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
I get the same error. But it doesn't seem to be a problem.

The previous kepub/epub problem I reported is solved. It does seem I had not enabled the extended driver, mistakenly thinking I already had.
I have my statistics back. Thanks.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #1847
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Could you manually install the version attached to this post, run calibre in debug mode, and do exactly the same thing? When you close calibre in debug mode, the debug log will shortly appear; paste that here inside SPOILER or QUOTE tags.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (31.3 KB, 145 views)
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #1848
thepopmonster
thepopmonster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Dangit I had a whole long, detailed post but the forum logged me out and I lost it.

Short version: Updated driver from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 while Clara HD was connected, afterward some of the titles that I'd loaded in that session had metadata matching issues:

* Most of the titles with author FirstA LastA & FirstB Last B were not matched, but not all - exception seems to be where one of the authors has a middle initial, but not consistent:

Showed:

Authors: Arnold Robbins & Elbert Hannah & Linda Lamb
Tags: COMPUTERS / Operating Systems / UNIX, Non-Fiction, Tech Reference
Path: Click to open
G:\R\Robbins, Arnold & Hannah, Elbert & Lamb, Linda\Learning the vi and Vim Editors.kepub.epub

Didn't:

Authors: Doug Brown
G:\B\Brown, Doug & Levine, John & Mason, Tony\lex & yacc, 2nd Edition.kepub.epub

* Similarly, if the author was First Last (editor) they generally weren't showing, but First M. Last (editor) generally did; John Joseph Adams (editor) managed to both match and not match.

I tried adding new books with the new driver to my Aura and they went through fine, and resent the lex/yacc book and it matches now...

Authors: Doug Brown & John Levine & Tony Mason
G:\B\Brown, Doug & Levine, John & Mason, Tony\lex & yacc, 2nd Edition.kepub.epub

I think I might write this one off as a "don't change your drivers with the device connected before ejecting as it might lead to metadata issues" but I'm putting this out there in case others have issues.

Also,

for the driver.
thepopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #1849
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopmonster View Post
Dangit I had a whole long, detailed post but the forum logged me out and I lost it.

Short version: Updated driver from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 while Clara HD was connected, afterward some of the titles that I'd loaded in that session had metadata matching issues:

* Most of the titles with author FirstA LastA & FirstB Last B were not matched, but not all - exception seems to be where one of the authors has a middle initial, but not consistent:

Showed:

Authors: Arnold Robbins & Elbert Hannah & Linda Lamb
G:\R\Robbins, Arnold & Hannah, Elbert & Lamb, Linda\Learning the vi and Vim Editors.kepub.epub

Didn't:

Authors: Doug Brown

* Similarly, if the author was First Last (editor) they generally weren't showing, but First M. Last (editor) generally did; John Joseph Adams (editor) managed to both match and not match.

I tried adding new books with the new driver to my Aura and they went through fine, and resent the lex/yacc book and it matches now...

Authors: Doug Brown & John Levine & Tony Mason

I think I might write this one off as a "don't change your drivers with the device connected before ejecting as it might lead to metadata issues" but I'm putting this out there in case others have issues.
The quick question: Were the books that weren't matched ones you had sent but hadn't disconnected the device to have them imported into the Kobo database? If so, that is expected. The KoboTouch driver, and hence the KoboTouchExtended driver, looks for books in the database on the device. It makes no attempt to look for books elsewhere. If you send a book to the device, it will show in the device list as matched. If you close and reopen calibre without ejecting the device, the book will not show in the devices list.

The other possibility is that all the books you list have multiple authors. These rarely match when you reconnect the device after sending the book. This is because of the way calibre puts the authors into the book and the device reads them. Basically, the device will only see the first author with the way calibre (correctly) save the authors. You need to use a metadata plugboard to set the authors so they look like "FN1 LN1, FN2 LN2". Then the device will see multiple authors and they should match when connected. Using initials should be OK as long as they are consistent.

And for the record, the file name on the device is completely unimportant in all of this. It is checked, but just to make sure the book actually exists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #1850
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Is it currently safe to check the box to support newer firmware since the late release of firmware?
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #1851
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
That's a function of the main driver, not this extended driver. In my experience it's generally safe, but if something isn't working try to reproduce it with that option disabled.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #1852
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
Is it currently safe to check the box to support newer firmware since the late release of firmware?
Yes, it's safe.

When there is a new firmware there is always a new thread created in the Kobo forum. That's where you'll find answers to your questions. Or where you can ask new questions
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 AM   #1853
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Hi,

I had the same problems as a few folks up-thread. The original symptom was inability to copy a new book to my Aura ONE.

So I removed the extended driver and tried to install the debug one from message 1847 in Calibre 3.42.0. It wouldn't even install:

Code:
calibre, version 3.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named typing

calibre 3.42  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '15.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 15.6.0: Thu Jun 21 20:07:40 PDT 2018; root:xnu-3248.73.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.11.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 14) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Kobo Utilities (2, 8, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 318, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 473, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 62, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 204, in load
  File "lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 186, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 22, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 19, in <module>
ImportError: No module named typing
So I tried to reinstall the release plugin 3.1.3. That failed too!

Code:
calibre, version 3.42.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 473, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 62, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 202, in load
  File "site-packages/polyglot/builtins.py", line 136, in reload
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #1854
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
OK, I removed the uses of 'typing' from that debug version as per this commit to the plugin on Github, and it now installs.

Yay!

But it doesn't work. Choosing Customise fails with:

Code:
calibre, version 3.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QLineEdit.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

calibre 3.42  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-15.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '15.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 15.6.0: Thu Jun 21 20:07:40 PDT 2018; root:xnu-3248.73.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.11.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 14) && Kobo Utilities (2, 8, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 3) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2)
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 294, in customize_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 372, in modify_plugin
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 157, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 157, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 61, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 92, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 178, in __init__
TypeError: QLineEdit.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'
Trying to send a book to the device fails with the original error, viz

Code:
calibre, version 3.42.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 399, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2087, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 313, in _modify_epub
  File "lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 254, in expanduser
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Calibre's debug log is attached, showing the failure to Send to Device.

If my plugin preferences are somehow screwed up, where do they live on disk so that I can try and clean them up?
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpR9mexW.txt (53.1 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by chrisridd; 05-12-2019 at 06:53 AM.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:08 PM   #1855
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
KEPUBS no longe arrive at device

See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320455

Driver 3.1.3 installed Calibre 3.43 x64
Seems to be using the default preference, not the drive specific
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:04 PM   #1856
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There does seem to be a random issue that after a calibre upgrade the KoboTouchExtended and the kepub plugins don't load properly.

Try shutting calibre down and relaunching it, or even uninstall / reinstall the plugins.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:30 PM   #1857
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There does seem to be a random issue that after a calibre upgrade the KoboTouchExtended and the kepub plugins don't load properly.

Try shutting calibre down and relaunching it, or even uninstall / reinstall the plugins.
Well, well, well Something tuppied on my PI config and Calibre (get plugins) thought a bunch were not installed. Fixed that
BUT
What do you make of this log snip (red)?
Spoiler:

[1.47] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 157, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 171, in init_iaction
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 612, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.apnx_generator.apnxaction", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
CalibreSpy CLI dir does NOT exist; it will be created: C:/Users/NotHorse/AppData/Roaming/calibre/plugins/calibrespy_cli
CalibreSpy: initialization_complete
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 410, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 56, in initialization_complete
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'clear_button'
DEBUG: 10.4 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 10.4 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 10.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 10.4 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #1858
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What do you make of this log snip (red)?
I'd make of it that plugin apnx_generator is trying to import the old PyQt version 4 rather than the version 5 which has been the calibre version for a long time. As for why ... ???

I'm assuming that's a plugin for Kindles (which I've never used) so perhaps a question in that plugin thread can sort it out.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #1859
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe that some plugins tried to load qt4 to support older calibre levels and if that failed load qt5
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #1860
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe that some plugins tried to load qt4 to support older calibre levels and if that failed load qt5
Just looked at the plugin, and the released version hasn't been updated for Qt5. You posted an updated version with the Qt5 update. Maybe it should be released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one