Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Maerose
Maerose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Another newbie...PRS-505

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for hours now and thought i'd sign up so I can say hello.

I've just ordered the Sony PRS-505 from the internet. I can't wait to get it and start buying some books! I have loads of questions but will post them in the PRS-505 forum.

I read a lot of books so my husband is hoping we can save some space and not buy anymore as the bookshelves are overflowing!
Maerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome Maerose!

Shelf space was one of the reasons I got my 505, plus it's easier to carry on the London Underground than a couple of books
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome, Maerose! I hope you love your 505 as much as I love mine. There are lots of great books available for free here. I also suggest that you download and use calibre instead of the crappy Sony software. What do you like to read?
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Welcome, Maerose! Enjoy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Maerose
Welcome to MobileRead. I use a Sony 505 myself and love everything about it! I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Check out all the great (and FREE!) e-books that people have uploaded right here to MobilRead. All different genres and thousands of different authors! If you have any questions about using your reader or getting books from the various download locations, just ask. There are plenty of folks happy to help!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Maerose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
Welcome, Maerose! I hope you love your 505 as much as I love mine. There are lots of great books available for free here. I also suggest that you download and use calibre instead of the crappy Sony software. What do you like to read?
I've downloaded Calibre in readiness, I can't wait till my 505 arrives! I like fantasy, SF, Supernatural (vampiry stuff) and some crime fiction too. The stuff on the Baen website looks good, and there looks to be loads on here too!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The 505 is brilliant, Maerose. Congratulations on a great choice. Do pick up a mains charger, though, because the USB cable doesn't do a good job. In spite of what the battery meter icon might tell you, the machine ain't fully powered without a mains charge and might cause you some frustrating problems. And why not (Christmas is coming) get yourself a swish leater cover? I'd recommend the Easy-i. I've never been one to overly consider the look, feel and smell of books -- content is what matters -- but this wee flip-top cover somehow really enhances the ebook reading experience. Best few bucks I ever spent. Happy reading. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Maerose

Have now got a PRS-600!!

After waiting weeks for the 505 to arrive from Play.com, we have admitted defeat.

Following the nightmare we have had trying to get one delivered we decided to buy one from a shop... a fairly novel idea in our family but I was getting desperate to actually have one in my hand! Looking around we were unable to find any 505s for sale anywhere, so my darling husband decided that he'd buy me a 600 instead!

I'm thrilled to actually have one, it's charging now and I'm in the process of downloading books.

We got it from Waterstones for £249.99 and got a giftcard for £20 and another £9.50 giftcard to buy the new Dan Brown book (although you can buy any book with it!).

Feel like a kid at Christmas!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Congrats on your new toy
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello_fleuri.gif
Views:	243
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	38377 Maerose, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote