Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
New keyboard after update

Anybody else noticed that the keyboard is different since the update? The dedicated comma key is gone and the key to return to full screen has moved from the right to the left.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
Janikay
Janikay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Anybody else noticed that the keyboard is different since the update? The dedicated comma key is gone and the key to return to full screen has moved from the right to the left.
Yes, I just figured out how to type the comma. Don't know why anyone thought that was a brilliant idea!
Janikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
they also added the symbol for exclamation and question mark above the period so its not a secret hidden thing that it's a multifunction key if you hold it down to toggle the extra chars
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I had to use the comma about 20 times in the last minute and I couldn't find it.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I had to use the comma about 20 times in the last minute and I couldn't find it.
I know! I don't think I used a comma that whole first day because I was too lazy to fool around with it.

I did eventually look for it, though. (If anyone is still frustrated about it, it will come up with a long press on the period key since it's the character in that position on the hidden set of characters.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
All punctuation is available the moment you press the space bar. Just look in the autocomplete row above your letters. Also, don't worry about the space since it will throw the comma directly behind the last word typed. The old location, in my opinion, was a waste of real estate.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
So happy having installed HackersKeyboard ...
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
So happy having installed HackersKeyboard ...

I agree this is a great keyboard. For those who want to try it:

http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/

Use the Downloads Tab.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Huh. I hadn't noticed til now. I hate typing on touch screen anyway, so one layout is as awful as the next to me. What was the comma key real estate reused for?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It will takes some getting use to. Just when my fingers memorized the old one they changed it up on me. Of course I don't like it now it looks uniform but that's just me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

At least the comma is the 1st symbol that comes up directly after holding the period key so you dont have to hold and scroll to the symbol you want.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
salsaguy
Addict

Hackers Keyboard

How are you using this on the Fire?
It doesnt allow me to change the keyboard/input method in the settings.
Or are you rooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I agree this is a great keyboard. For those who want to try it:

http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/

Use the Downloads Tab.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Rooted, yes. And I actually do not know if this is necessary. Assume yes, it is worth doing it, and you can personalize much more. With KFU a matter of minutes, at least for me having no trouble with the drivers. But thats a completely other discussion.

UPDATE: after having had a look on my stuff on the Fire I think NookColor Tool is necessary to activate / change the keyboard. Have to check again if this is sufficient, so no root would be necessary.

UPDATE2: root is necessary, you need to have access to system/apps

Last edited by diba; 04-04-2012 at 02:12 AM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
they also added the symbol for exclamation and question mark above the period so its not a secret hidden thing that it's a multifunction key if you hold it down to toggle the extra chars
It would have taken me a while to find it. I was frustrated.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I noticed it was different, but it wasn't so bad that I got frustrated.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote