Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
BrightSquirrel
BrightSquirrel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Question Changing the layout

Is there a way to change the layout?
I would like to have the book info on the right underneath the tag browser thats on the left.
BrightSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No.

You can put the book details (info) panel under the book list by setting Preferences->Look and feel->User interface layout (needs restart): to Narrow, but I suspect you already know that.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
BrightSquirrel

Would it be possible to write an add on to enable you to move those around?
Old 09-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anything is possible, but probably not via an add on (plugin).

I don't know if Kovid has any plans to make the main window panels dockable, a'la the editor and viewer, be good if he did.

BR
Old 09-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
BrightSquirrel

If you are looking Kovid, an option to put the settings in the Calibre folder would be nice. Don't know how many time I have forgotten to copy that, thinking it was in the same place as the library, and had to setup the view again.
Advert
Old 09-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

FWIW - you can change the location where global settings are stored via the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY Environment Variable.

BR
Old 09-11-2021, 10:55 AM   #7
BrightSquirrel

That is a little much to setup. Especially on a Windows machine. Would like that to be part of the main program.
The amount of time it would take me to remember its possible, google it, and set it up, I would have wasted about the same amount of time as doing it all manually.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightSquirrel View Post
That is a little much to setup. Especially on a Windows machine.
As compared to what?

Quote:
Would like that to be part of the main program.
See last paragraph ==>> calibre - Bug Reports and Enhancement Requests

Quote:
The amount of time it would take me to remember its possible, google it, and set it up, I would have wasted about the same amount of time as doing it all manually.
You only do it once - move a directory, and set the Environment variable via Windows Settings->System->About->Advanced system settings->Environment variables

BR