Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2021, 08:55 PM   #1
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Calibre-Web, No-IP and Qnap Nas

I realize this more of a QNAP/DDNS issue than a Calibre issue, but am hoping some Calibre fans may have used noip before to get their Calibre/Cops online for remote access.

Until a few days ago I was happily using the DDNS Ngrok service in my QNAP Nas. Then they pulled the rug out from under me and changed policies after I had used the service for 4 months.

Anyway, I signed up with the No-IP service, plugged my account data into the DDNS Manager in QNAP and got a good connection.

But I can't see a way to connect the Calibre-Web setup to No-IP to allow remote connections. With ngrok, I used a simple bash script that called ngrok and the necessary entries to identify the Calibre-Web program and assigned port.

And I do have a virtual host setup and running, just like I have done for COPS and Calibre-Web in the past.

I cannot find out how to do the same thing with No-IP.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote