Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question Chapter Page Numbers Instead of Title Page Numbers

I have found a few books that, instead of displaying page numbers for the title as a whole, it displays page numbers by chapter. Is this something that has a setting in Calibre or something that the title designer did and is fixed in stone?

FYI: I have noticed this in my Kobo Touch (N905), S/W 2.5.2.

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
I have found a few books that, instead of displaying page numbers for the title as a whole, it displays page numbers by chapter. Is this something that has a setting in Calibre or something that the title designer did and is fixed in stone?

FYI: I have noticed this in my Kobo Touch (N905), S/W 2.5.2.

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
This has to do with which reading engine the book uses on the Kobo. The Kobos have two engines; one based on Adobes RMSDK that handles books in epub format, the other based on NetFront's ACCESS engine for books in Kobo ePubs (or kEpubs) format.

Traditionally kEpubs only came from Kobo, either VOA a direct WiFi sync or via Kobo Desktop but in the last few months support was asked to calibre via the Kobo Extended driver to convert ePubs to kEpubs as they were sent to the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert