Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
TMSxMR
TMSxMR began at the beginning.

Device: Impression
Question What is the Right why to input Multiple Authors

Hi

Honestly I'm not getting it from what I found, How should multiple authors be written, I thought for a long time that it should be something like:
A.B. Sedovski, B.M. Hawking, ....
Then I noticed that in some case calibre uses "&" instead of comma, so what is the real field separator for authors? comma or "&" ? and what is the perepose of the second symbol in that case?

And following that, how calibre manages internally the files in the library, I mean it's having the structure Author/Book Title , but which Author's name it uses? the first one?
TMSxMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro
Ampersands are the correct multiple author separator. Commas will have come from metadata embedded when you added the book or possibly the filename depending on your settings/ format.

See the sticky in this forum about Calibre's internal filr structure. Don't worry yourself about it basically
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert