Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
kiwibaz
kiwibaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
NewsFeeds converting to Mobi for Autosend

Hi All

I want to use Calibre newsfeed recipes to download and send to my Kindle free account ...all works great but the process of converting the downloaded epub to mobi and then sending on to Kindle is manual ....can anyone advice a way of automating it. I know I can tick autosend but the file is epub and won't get deliverd to Kindle

Thanks
kiwibaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
change your output format in preferences->behavior to mobi and your output profile in preferences->common options to kindle
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
kiwibaz

Thanks.for that ,Maybe I am missing something ...and forgive me if I am but by ticking the autosend box in the "sharing books by email" will send the downloaded newsfeed to your kindle ...But only if it is in one of the selected formats eg AZW Mobi etc. I added EPUB but Amazon won't convert that file type on the fly before delivery and fail the process. So the newsfeed downloads in Epub format and then I have to manually select " email to ..." and calibre asks me if I want to convert to mobi which I do al all works fine . I was hoping there was a configuration that would allow me to get calibre to either download the newsfeed as Mobi OR convert to Mobi before sending the file on to Amazon for delivery to my Kindle.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibaz View Post
Thanks.for that ,Maybe I am missing something ...and forgive me if I am but by ticking the autosend box in the "sharing books by email" will send the downloaded newsfeed to your kindle ...But only if it is in one of the selected formats eg AZW Mobi etc. I added EPUB but Amazon won't convert that file type on the fly before delivery and fail the process. So the newsfeed downloads in Epub format and then I have to manually select " email to ..." and calibre asks me if I want to convert to mobi which I do al all works fine . I was hoping there was a configuration that would allow me to get calibre to either download the newsfeed as Mobi OR convert to Mobi before sending the file on to Amazon for delivery to my Kindle.

Thanks
uhmm...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobi.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	61890  
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibaz View Post
I was hoping there was a configuration that would allow me to get calibre to either download the newsfeed as Mobi
There is - just use the settings Kovid mentioned above.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
kiwibaz

Thanks

Thanks to All ...My calibre installation was originally setup for a non wifi KOBO

I had to re run the installation wizard !! ...which worked perfectly and all is working.

Thanks for the input