Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pc
Exiles - new science fiction novel on Kindle

Hello All,
My name is Dan Worth and I'd like to announce the publication of my first novel 'Exiles' on Amazon Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UYUWE2

Exiles is the first book of a planned trilogy (I am currently hard at work on a sequel) and features intrigue, war and ancient alien civilisations forgotten for millennia.

Katherine O’Reilly and Rekkid Cor. Human and Arkari. Archaeologists with a story about an ancient derelict starship that few believe and a captain’s log that tells of an ancient genocidal war that no-one has ever heard of. But if no-one believes their story, then why are the authorities so keen to suppress it?

Captain Michelle Chen of the Commonwealth Navy. Brave, cunning, merciless. Dangerous even. However she may be just the person her superiors have been looking for to start a war.

Steven Harris. Secret agent with a conscience, who defied orders, ignored the chain of command and let his morals get in the way of his career.

Quickchild. An AI of unknown origin and staggering power that does not know who it truly is.

As the colonies of the human Commonwealth stand on the brink of war with the fanatic legions of the alien K’Soth Empire, these five individuals are drawn to the backward, arid planet of Maranos that stands between the two civilisations. As relations between human and alien deteriorate, Maranos is about to give up its ancient, terrifying secrets.
dworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also now available on Smashwords.com for a broader range of formats:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/18959
Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
dworth
Zealot

Well, things seem to be going okay so far. I've had three reviews on Amazon, two four star and one five star review. I think this is why I got into this: it's just nice to have people read my stuff and show their appreciation.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sounds like a book right up my alley. Thanks for making it available on Smashwords to us non-Amazon/B&N/Borders folks.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
I love living in the future. I was on the train home from work surfing the web on my iPad. I spot this thread and like the description (I normally avoid self published stuff. It never sounds good). I hit the link and tell amazon to send the sample chapters to my iPad.

Then I get engrossed. Halfway through the sample I switch out and pay the very reasonable price. I'm looking forward to reading Exiles a lot. I have a decent sized to-read pile but nothing was jumping out. This will do the trick.

I hope you sell well Dan.
Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
dworth
Zealot

Thank you very much!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
One comment on the Smashwords version, based on the sample. It is unreadable in the Stanza night mode on an iPad, I'd guess text colour is being set to black in the CSS, so it ends up black on black.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Dan

I have read a bit of your book... Sounds very interesting... I'm a bit confused as to where the ship mentioned in this sentence (below) comes in, or maybe that should have been Mary-Lou?

"A small team departed the following day to investigate with the help of an ASA salvage crew aboard the Mary Jane to conduct preliminary examinations of the wreck and tow it to a place of safety."

English is my second language, so I could well have misunderstood the whole thing...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
dworth
Zealot

Ah, yes it should. Damn Find and Replace... (runs off to re-re-re-proof read the thing)

Last edited by dworth; 07-30-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
dworth
Zealot

"One comment on the Smashwords version, based on the sample. It is unreadable in the Stanza night mode on an iPad, I'd guess text colour is being set to black in the CSS, so it ends up black on black"

I'll have to look into this. In the source .doc file I uploaded the text colour is set to 'Automatic'. Not having an iPad it's a bit difficult to check! Anyone know a way around this?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
dworth
Zealot

Also now available from Amazon.co.uk!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003UYUWE2
Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
dworth
Zealot

Okay, I've had the whole thing proof read by someone else who had never eyes on it before. This second edition is now available on all three aformentioned sites.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Half way through and absolutely loving it!

A rich involved storyline thus far, with great characters.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #14
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Congrats on your book, sounds like it will do well.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #15
dworth
Zealot

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it Sabredog, thanks!

Tags
sci-fi, science fiction, space opera