Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
kge
Nameless Being

Amazon (Kindle) thinks sent e-mail has no attachment

Hiall,

I just tried the email to Kindle feature on calibre. Email test works. Sending the email works as well, I can see the mail in the sent folder, and it seems to have an attachment, that when I download it looks like mobi. Still I get a mail from Amazon saying:

Your message to <username>@kindle.com, sent at 07:31 PM on Sat, Jul 13, 2013 GMT did not include any attached documents or image files.

What gives?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you are sending mobi and not azw3 as amazon cant handle emailed azw3, other than that, you'd have to ask amazon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
kge
Nameless Being

Thanks Kovid,

The attachment has a .mobi ending and was autoconverted by calibre. So I suppose it's all right. I guess I'll have to ask Amazon. Damn, definitely not as advertised...
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There may be a size limitation for very large files, also make sure you are creating 'old' type mobis (look in the mobi output section of the conversion dialog) - this is the default but you may have changed it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote