Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
mand
Zealot
mand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th gen; Kindle Keyboard; iRex iLiad
Unhappy mand, in the UK, and in a panic about my iLiad

So relieved yesterday to find this website - not only full of info, but friendly.

But the reason i was googling and found my way here, is cos of problems! I'm not stupid and usually i love a chance to explore and learn a new system.

I won't ask my questions here in the intro forum. (When i've sorted these problems, i also have various niggles - looking forward to playing around with a bit of code tbh.) But please if anyone sees this, go to the iLiad forum and find my question and help!!
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hi and welcome. I'll hie myself over to the iLiad forum to look - I have an iLiad, too

Edit, added:
Did you know your username means "man" in Danish?

Last edited by Ea; 02-26-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
mand
Zealot

Hi Ea! I didn't expect a reply this quickly!

In fact i'm not putting that question up until tomorrow... Been interrupted, and not well enough this evening to do any more. (My brain gets tired. )

I've learnt some Danish! I don't care; i've got a male brain anyway.

ttfn
Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
People are really fast here!

I figured you hadn't had time, since I couldn't find any threads started by you. You're welcome anyway
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello mand and welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mand View Post
But the reason i was googling and found my way here, is cos of problems! I'm not stupid and usually i love a chance to explore and learn a new system.
But please if anyone sees this, go to the iLiad forum and find my question and help!!
First rule according to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: DON'T PANIC.
Our iLiad users are great and helpful people...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mand and welcome to the Forum. Lots of friendly advice. Good luck with your iLiad
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
mand
Zealot

Smile

I could tell it was friendly here! Hello everyone.

netseeker, thanx for the reminder. I'm pretty good at not panicking. Just i have good days and bad days for concentration / understanding (whatever you call it), and i've promised a product review that's getting overdue while i fiddle around doing things backwards with the companion software...

Anyway it's good to know i can be stupid here to my heart's content and people will be happy to help.

ttfn until i work out what i'm asking!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #8
mand
Zealot

Wink Please someone look at my question

Folks, i finally got my question up on the iLiad troubleshooting forum on Saturday, but no one's responded - i can't connect to iDS and it is very difficult for me to spend much time online looking at the forums, so if anyone can help i'd be very grateful.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Good day, mand & welcome to MobileRead. Here's hoping one of the iLiad gurus will see your message and offer some help.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mand View Post
Folks, i finally got my question up on the iLiad troubleshooting forum on Saturday, but no one's responded - i can't connect to iDS and it is very difficult for me to spend much time online looking at the forums, so if anyone can help i'd be very grateful.
You should post a detailed question in one of the iLiad forums. Not everyone reads the introductions section.

I'm sure you will find lots of help there.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
mand
Zealot

Thanx Bob, but i did - it is on the iLiad troubleshooting forum. And it is pretty detailed! I think i've got things totally backwards...

No one responded to that, so i was hoping someone would notice my plea here. The more places i ask, the more chance of being heard. ;0)

Tags
iliad, newbie