Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Nook Tablet BNTV250A needs Playstore

I don't know if there is a way, I haven't found one elsewhere online, but I am wondering if I can get the Google Playstore on my old Nook Tablet?

I did a complete root on it, and it worked but was so slow I couldn't handle it. so I restored my Nook to it's original state, and as you know, the older ones did not have the Google PS.

Does anyone have any help/suggestions for me? I called B&N and even though I had the Overdrive App so I could use library2go, I had somehow deleted Overdrive. They would not, or could not, reinstall it for me. So now I have a working Nook Tablet, but no Overdrive.

Any help appreciated I have some errands to run but will check back to see if there are any replies, Denise

PS I have a Kindle Fire Tablet 7", the 49 dollar one, and it's "just" ok. I miss my Nook
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The only way to possible install the Play store (you'd need to install Google Services too) would be on a rooted device.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Are you certain Brian because you can install Google Play on a Kindle without it being rooted. Here's the link to do that, which I did after I got my Fire Tablet 7" last Christmas. I was wondering if you could do that same with the Nook, but can't find anything referring to that:

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/
Old 06-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
abbynormal52
Groupie

I think I figured it out. The Nook isn't based on Android but the Kindle is. So it has to be rooted. Sorry I didn't get that until I re-read the article at that link-site Brian. Thank you for your reply, Denise
Old 06-13-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
I think I figured it out. The Nook isn't based on Android but the Kindle is. So it has to be rooted. Sorry I didn't get that until I re-read the article at that link-site Brian. Thank you for your reply, Denise
Both run versions of Android. The difference is that Fire's allow for sideloading of apps while a Nook Tablet doesn't. When the Nook Tab first came out there apps could be sideloaded, but B&N quickly issued an update to take that away.

EDIT: I take that back. IIRC there is a way to tell the Nook that you're a developer and to sideload stuff (without rooting), it's just more convoluted than the standard way of sideloading apps on an Android device.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-13-2017 at 09:42 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
The question is, is it really worth messing with anymore? Why not just use your Fire 7? I finally gave up on my Nook HD+ (and it has the Play store) and bought a new Fire 8. I put the Play store on that. Yeah, I miss that wonderful screen on the HD+, but the Fire is so much faster.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote