Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Fwiw the built sleeve for the touch fits the Pw just fine
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
Yes it does. I just tried it with my PW. I put it in and it goes in and out easily but stays secure. I shook it quite a bit and it didn't move around inside the sleeve at all.

In after thought I probably should have used the defective PW which is getting returned for the shaking test!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
which model, do you mind posting Amazon link?

The timbuk2 model I have, from previous Touch, is a bit bigger. It moves inside a big. So technically speaking it works, but not a perfect fit.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005I6...dware_txt?vs=1
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Timbuk2 Kindle Dinner Jacket

I got the Timbuk2 Kindle Dinner Jacket folding cover for my PW. It is easy to hold with the strap in the back plus the velcro strap can be used to as a stand.
http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle...timbuk2+kindle
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
I got the Timbuk2 Kindle Dinner Jacket folding cover for my PW. It is easy to hold with the strap in the back plus the velcro strap can be used to as a stand.
I was looking at that one. I wonder how much weight it adds? I own a Eco-Flip which will fit the PW. I love it and may get another one now they come down in price but it does add some weight to a reader. I've used mine on my K4S and now it's on my K4B.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was looking at that one. I wonder how much weight it adds? I own a Eco-Flip which will fit the PW. I love it and may get another one now they come down in price but it does add some weight to a reader. I've used mine on my K4S and now it's on my K4B.
The Timbuk2 without Kindle in it is 0.3044 pounds. With Kindle PW is 0.7590 pounds.

I taped a flat magnet onto the cover-- lining it up with the bottom right corner of the kindle and it now turns the Kindle on and off with opening and closing of the cover.

Last edited by Mobert; 10-07-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #23
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
My only problem is that the official case seems a little hard to remove. I wanted to remove it to make it lighter when I'm reading in bed. After a few seconds I decided that I might literally break the kindle in half trying to get it out, so I left it in.. it's not that heavy after all
setite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
I taped a flat magnet onto the cover-- lining it up with the bottom right corner of the kindle and it now turns the Kindle on and off with opening and closing of the cover.
How smart!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by setite View Post
My only problem is that the official case seems a little hard to remove. I wanted to remove it to make it lighter when I'm reading in bed. After a few seconds I decided that I might literally break the kindle in half trying to get it out, so I left it in.. it's not that heavy after all
I had the similar fitting "official" case for my K4. I found that it was meant to be removed by taking hold of the bottom-right corner and gently pulling back and down away from the Kindle. It came off pretty easy. I just had to get used to that method of removal.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Decided to wait, before buying the official Amazon cover for Kindle PW.

So right now, using this one ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRY...e_gdata_player

Which was the one I used for my Kindle keyboard.

Not a tight fit, like I would prefer, but not too big either.

Last edited by jocampo; 10-09-2012 at 07:42 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #27
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
My persimmon cover arrived today. I only ordered it because I wanted it in red, and some users said that it is more red than orange. Amazon actually had a red one in their pictures in the beginning, but then removed it, because they did not sell it - out of sight, out of mind. It is a light brick color. Thinking of returning it for a pink or black. I placed the built red sleeve next to it so you can tell the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2682.JPG
Views:	4626
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	93946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2677.JPG
Views:	4178
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	93947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2679.JPG
Views:	5264
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	93948   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2680.JPG
Views:	3776
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	93949  
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #28
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for the pics, xendula! I have to say I actually really love that color. I don't think it's ugly at all, it's actually quite pretty. To me at least.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #29
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
yes, I like it a lot too. Just ordered it in Spain since the PW is now open for orders in Europe.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
My persimmon cover arrived today. I only ordered it because I wanted it in red, and some users said that it is more red than orange. Amazon actually had a red one in their pictures in the beginning, but then removed it, because they did not sell it - out of sight, out of mind. It is a light brick color. Thinking of returning it for a pink or black. I placed the built red sleeve next to it so you can tell the difference.
I have the persimmon cover. I was not fond of any of the color choices but it was the least objectionable to me. Now they've added purple which is my favorite color, so it looks like I'll be placing another order.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote