Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #16
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sadly, the 3 CSS stylesheets in the two epubs are identical using the mark 1 eyeball and Sha-256 checksums. The same 3 stylesheets are used in quite a few Gutenberg ebooks so corporate boilerplate. The only style inside the text files is for the cover page.

The only non-numeric font size was used for the first sentence in Gods of the North which used a "smaller" font size.
That was it! At first I commented out the font-size: smaller from the css but no luck. Then I deleted the class="sidenote" in the html where it was used so that it was a plain div and that fixed it.

Oops, no cigar. My main conversion option had disable font scaling checked; I forgot to make sure it was off.

I'm going to see if I can narrow it down in that .sidenote css ...

Last edited by lumpynose; 05-12-2019 at 02:16 PM.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #17
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Commenting out the gutenberg blurb div at the beginning, the one with

class="pgmonospaced pgheader"

seems to fix it. My suspicion is that it's not that div that's causing the problem but that the other book, The People of the Black Circle, has some images before the text starts and something about those images is curing the problem. Or maybe the h? tags.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert