Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #3271
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Looking it up by the previous title and author, one commenter mentions "murder mystery", so that's where the plot eventually goes.
Thanks for the assist!

I bought the book regardless based on enjoying Max Allan Collins and the synopsis sounded intriguing, mystery or no.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #3272
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
One of the three remaining Spenser titles by Robert B Parker that I need in e-book just dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK. Now only two DTB from that series on my shelf...woo-hoo!

God Save the Child is the second in the series: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZP8

Spoiler:
Quote:
When a fourteen-year-old boy disappears from a decent neighbourhood, everyone thinks he has run away. Everyone, that is, except private detective Spenser, who is hot on the trail of the missing boy; a trail that leads to corruption and a deadly partnership.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 PM   #3273
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again $1.99 at Kindle US. Not dropped (as of now, at least) at Kobo US, but the link is still good for price checking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
A Sea of Troubles is the 10th in the Commissario Guido Brunetti series by Donna Leon. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (couponable/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Troubles-...dp/B0097D79G4/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-sea-of-troubles-6
Old 05-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #3274
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The first in the series, The Godwulf Manuscript, has now also dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZLW

Sadly not one of the remaining two I need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
One of the three remaining Spenser titles by Robert B Parker that I need in e-book just dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK. Now only two DTB from that series on my shelf...woo-hoo!

God Save the Child is the second in the series: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BXFIZP8
Old 05-24-2019, 12:12 AM   #3275
maddz
Guru
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7, Aluratek Libre
The Big Sleep and Other Novels by Raymond Chandler is £1.99 on Amazon.co.uk today's Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...d_i=5400977031

It's an omnibus of The Big Sleep, Farewell My Lovely and The Long Goodbye.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:15 AM   #3276
lxpose
Enthusiast
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
The Big Sleep and Other Novels by Raymond Chandler is £1.99 on Amazon.co.uk today's Daily Deal
It can currently be bought from Apple for £0.99
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:56 AM   #3277
maddz
Guru
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpose View Post
It can currently be bought from Apple for £0.99
Even if that's the case, I wouldn't be able to extract it from iBooks and sideload it onto my Icarus. However, Kobo have it at 99p too:

https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the...d-other-novels
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #3278
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Return of Mr Campion: 13 Collected Stories by Margery Allingham (collected/published posthumously) has dropped to $0.99 as a US Kindle Countdown deal at $0.99 for about 2 3/4 more days, before returning to a whopping $7.99. So grab it if you want it!

link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGJ38F2

ADD: And also £0.99 at Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Mr-C...dp/B07PGJ38F2/

Last edited by sufue; 05-24-2019 at 08:40 AM. Reason: add UK
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #3279
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Crime Classics sent me an email indicating that The Secret Vanguard, either 5th (blurb) or 6th (SYKM) in the Inspector Appleby series by Michael Innes, will be $0.99 at Kindle US through May 26. And sure enough, it is US Kindle Countdown deal for about 2 1/2 more days.

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765B66LG/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nobody, she said to herself, is necessarily what he appears to be; nobody.

On an ordinary train journey to Scotland, Sheila Grant becomes embroiled in a plot that is anything but: a chemist has gone missing, an artist has been kidnapped, and a poet has been murdered.

As Sheila begins to understand the enormity of the situation, she realizes her life is in grave danger and must flee across the Scottish Highlands in search of assistance and a man named Appleby.

In London, Appleby is trying to piece together a kidnapping, a death, and a disappearance as the world wavers on the brink of another war. He has no idea he is Sheila’s best hope of survival.

When the clock is ticking and no one is quite who they claim to be… will Appleby find Sheila before it’s too late?

ADD: Also £0.99 on UK Kindle Countdown: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765B66LG

Last edited by sufue; 05-24-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: add UK
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #3280
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Several titles in the Bernie Gunther series by Philip Kerr have dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK. I've read and quite enjoyed the first few in this series, and really do need to find time to read more of them. I'm traveling and don't have time to do titles/blurbs, but here's a link for them all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=digital...price-asc-rank