Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #451
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Hello again.

When there's more than one tag it doesn't recognize it when I run the update metadata. I've tried with both equals and contains and searched in my csv to see if there could be some other reason for not updating but everything looks to be all-right.

It is my understanding that as long as 2 of the tags are in the correct order in regards to the csv-file they will be updated with a tag even if there are more tags in the same column?

Attached is both the debug-log and the csv I use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Update Metadata.zip (209.1 KB, 139 views)
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:44 AM   #452
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll check it, but please reread the examples in the tooltips for the comparison expression. And be careful about extra spaces for tags in the csv. The tooltips explain more.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #453
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CSV Column for Tags & Tag-Like Custom Column Matching

See the attached image that explains the problem you are having.

Do a search and replace on that column of your CSV to eliminate the extra space after the Tag separator ','.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tags_tag-like_no_space_after_comma_in_csv_match_column.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	171204  
Old 05-02-2019, 03:52 AM   #454
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

When I use contains, it also update books with tags not on the list.

Example:

I have Vikings on my list but it also marks the books with just Kings.

I didn't expect to only match the order of letters but rather the whole word or the complete string.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 AM   #455
DaltonST
Deviser

I will see what I can do.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #456
DaltonST
Deviser

Contains compared to Is Contain In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
When I use contains, it also update books with tags not on the list.

Example:

I have Vikings on my list but it also marks the books with just Kings.

I didn't expect to only match the order of letters but rather the whole word or the complete string.

Tanjamuse:

I used your csv file that has the "Favorit" value in the Parent-Fandom csv column header.
I matched the rows in Parent-Fandom to a tag-like #Custom Column.

The test conditions and the results:

----------------------------------------------------
CSV has these values in the Parent-Fandom column:
Favorit

Calibre has 9 different books, each with one of the following #cc tag-like values:
Favor
Favorit
Favorite
Favorites
Por Favor
Favor, Favorit
Favor, Favorites
Favor, Por Favor
Favor, Favorit, Favorite, Favorites, Por Favor

RESULTS:

If Book Match Expression: 'Equals' without Case-Sensitive Matching Selected
"equals": #cc value equals csv match value
Favorit

If Book Match Expression: 'Contains' without Case-Sensitive Matching Selected
"contains": csv match value contains #cc value
Favor
Favorit

If Book Match Expression: 'Is Contained In' without Case-Sensitive Matching Selected
"is contained in": #cc value contains csv match value
Favorit
Favorite
Favorites
Favor, Favorit
Favor, Favorites
Favor, Favorit, Favorite, Favorites, Por Favor

See the ToolTips that explain what each match expression means.

Please try using 'Is Contained In' instead of 'Contains'.

Added:
I am going to create a special option to match the csv value as a unique tag-like tag in the match #cc. That should give total flexibility for tag-like matching. It will do nothing for non-tag type #cc matching.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-02-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: New Option
Old 05-02-2019, 01:14 PM   #457
DaltonST
Deviser

Beta-test of JS import csv tool enhancements

Deleted due to JS Version 1.0.156 - 2019-05-13.

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-13-2019 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Version 1.0.156 - 2019-05-13
Old 05-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #458
DaltonST
Deviser

JS+ "Import CSV to Update Metadata" tool & .OPF files

As you know, .opf files are in .xml format. They can be converted from .opf to .csv format by many free tools found in and on the internet.

The JS+ "Import CSV to Update Metadata" tool imports .csv files.

So, if you have "old" .opf files from an older Calibre library back up, you could (if necessary) import the "old" .opf (converted to a .csv) using the JS+ tool to add metadata (that is in the backed-up .opf) to the current metadata...in a very specific, granular, column-by-column controlled manner...with no risk of ruining any currently "good" metadata columns.

DaltonST
Old 05-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #459
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.156 Python 3 compatibility; Calibre Version 3.41.3+ compatibility

Version 1.0.156 - 2019-05-13 Python 3 compatibility; Calibre Version 3.41.3+ compatibility; Miscellaneous technical changes; Enhancements to "Import CSV File to Update Metadata" tool; Customize TagBrowser Icons tool fixed for @UserCategory-subcategories.

See the attached image for the latest "Import CSV File to Update Metadata" tool.

As always, read the ToolTips by hovering your mouse over every area of the tool.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_import_csv_file_to_update_metadata_20190513.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	866.5 KB
ID:	171443  
Old 06-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #460
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I run Tag Rules, it is case-sensitive, is it possible to change that? Or just add the option for it like in the Import CSV to update metadata tool?
Old 06-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #461
NightMyst
NightMyst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question [GUI] JobSpy Pseudonymous Authors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
It works totally fine for me and everyone else. So, apparently you did not set things up properly for yourself.

Did you search the JS thread for "pseudonymous authors" to find the posting with resources?

Did you first create the correct type of Custom Column (exactly as specified in the JS customizing ToolTips) you specified in the settings and immediately restart Calibre?

Did you import a correctly formatted CSV file?

Did you then export to a CSV file just to ensure that what you uploaded was correctly updated in Calibre, and came back the way you sent it?

DaltonST

p.s. I find it surprising that you hit enter on your reply to my previous post exactly 10 minutes after I hit enter on it. 10 minutes for you to download a brand new plug-in, customize it, customize a new Calibre Custom Column with the correct attributes, search the JS thread (as specified in the Original Post under "documentation") for resources for the Pseudonymous Authors tool, modify the template CSV file with your personal pseudonymous authors as you described in your post, upload it, etc., test it, then search for what you might have done wrong or missed entirely after you got an error. All in less than 10 minutes. Amazing.
I have tried following all the suggestions listed here, but am still having difficulties getting this app to work. I keep getting the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'mi_field' referenced before assignment

calibre 3.44 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18912-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18912')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18912', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 17, 0) && DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 17, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 4, 0) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && Job Spy (1, 0, 156) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 1, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 24) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && FictionDB (1, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 17, 0) && KFX Input (1, 17, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 8) && Library Codes (1, 0, 41) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 30, 0) && KFX Output (1, 30, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 4, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.ui", line 6730, in update_author_pseudonyms
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'mi_field' referenced before assignment
I'm not sure how to proceed.

I have a Custom Column set like this:
Lookup Name: #real_authors
Column Heading: Real Author(s)
Column Type: Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser. Contains names: checked
Comments: Real Author(s) for any Pseudonyms used as a book's 'Author'.

I have made changes to the CSV file exported from calibre and then imported it. I exported it and the changes were in the export.

Please point me in the right direction!
NightMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #462
DaltonST
Deviser

"Customized Pseudonym 'Real Author' Custom Column Does Not Exist in Library"

JS was giving you a fatal error message of "Customized Pseudonym 'Real Author' Custom Column Does Not Exist in Library: ", but tried to add a value (mi_field) that had just been deleted. Otherwise, it would have just shown a fatal error dialog and you would have had to fix your configuration.

I will fix the little error message bug, but you need to fix the configuration error.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-09-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #463
NightMyst
NightMyst began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
I will look at it.
Thanx! I'm going crazy here.
NightMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #464
DaltonST
Deviser

"Customized Pseudonym 'Real Author' Custom Column Does Not Exist in Library"

[1] As the ToolTips in JS customizing says, the custom column must be AMPERSAND separated, like "names". Yours is comma separated. See the attached image.

[2] JS was giving you a fatal error message of "Customized Pseudonym 'Real Author' Custom Column Does Not Exist in Library: ", but tried to add the customized name of your Custom Column that did not exist. Otherwise, it would have just shown a fatal error dialog and you would have had to fix your configuration. Job Spy icon > Customize JS > go to the very bottom to specify what your Custom Column #name should be. See [1], above.

Added: remember that CC's are Library-specific. Your customization might have been performed, but the CC you specified was not in the current Library in which you tried to use it.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-06-09 17_55_31-Clipboard.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	171853  

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-09-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #465
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice

@NightMyst - please don't post the same issue in multiple threads, I deleted the one you added to an old thread in the main forum, and I merged the thread you created in Plugins into here - to which the plugin developer responded within minutes.

See Posting Guideline item #3, there's a link at the bottom of most pages.

thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools