Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Anyway to remove book bundles from Nook?

So I purchase a lot of books in series and the Nook has always grouped them together by what BN calls a bundle, similar to a shelf except that I don't have the slightest idea on how to remove them. I just want to view by books by the most recent purchase or author and as my collection grows larger its becoming more annoying to go through these bundles to find a particular book.

Any way to get rid of them?
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan View Post
So I purchase a lot of books in series and the Nook has always grouped them together by what BN calls a bundle, similar to a shelf except that I don't have the slightest idea on how to remove them.
Check this thread: Books missing on Glowlight 3

I don't know for sure that you are having the same problem, but it sounds like you are. In settings, under Library there's an option to stack books by author.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Check this thread: Books missing on Glowlight 3

I don't know for sure that you are having the same problem, but it sounds like you are. In settings, under Library there's an option to stack books by author.
Thanks and I did come across that thread but my issue is that I don't want my books stacked at all. Many of the series I read are by different authors and are organized entirely different from how the Nook is doing it. If I want to read one book in a series and next might be written by someone else and be in another stack.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:41 PM   #4
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you bought an eBook bundle it is probably 1 eBook with several eBooks inside. You would need to split the ePub into separate eBooks. Calibre has the capability to do this. There is Calibre Forum here @ Mobileread.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Kosst Amojan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
If you bought an eBook bundle it is probably 1 eBook with several eBooks inside. You would need to split the ePub into separate eBooks. Calibre has the capability to do this. There is Calibre Forum here @ Mobileread.
For instance, a Star Trek series covering multiple shows...a Next Generation book by one author, a Deep Space Nine book by another, etc. Its one long story but the Nook automatically divides them up into the Next Generation books, the DS9 books, etc.

I just want that to go away, just have one big list of books in no catagories.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan View Post
For instance, a Star Trek series covering multiple shows...a Next Generation book by one author, a Deep Space Nine book by another, etc. Its one long story but the Nook automatically divides them up into the Next Generation books, the DS9 books, etc.

I just want that to go away, just have one big list of books in no catagories.
One way you could fix that would be to use Calibre to change the author name so they're all the same. You might put the real author's name in the title so you'd still have that information. I don't know if this is something you want to do but I think it'll solve the problem.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
I have the Glowlight 3.

Go to settings>library>enable series stacking- you can choose to have series stacked (or not) in the library or shelves.

Also there is an option for author stacking when sorting by author. I do use this one.

Hope this helps.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #8
Kosst Amojan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie27 View Post
I have the Glowlight 3.

Go to settings>library>enable series stacking- you can choose to have series stacked (or not) in the library or shelves.

Also there is an option for author stacking when sorting by author. I do use this one.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. when I didn't see that I realized that I haven't updated in a while and sure enough...updated and there it is!