Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
dsenior
dsenior began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 and Sony T1
PRS+ Dictionary disabled Sony 505

I have downloaded and intalled the PRS+ firmware sucessfully. The dictionary option is disabled. What do I need to enable it? I found some posts but it is unclear what I need to do. I downloaded a file that put a keypad when I switched on my reader. Came with a message dictionary not loaded.
dsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
you need dictionary files.
Create a folder "dictionary" in \database\system\PRSPlus\ and copy the dictionary files.
See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1207
Dictionaries in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1029
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
dsenior

Many thanks for your help. I have followed the instructions but it still does not work. I have copied the folder structure on the internal drive. There was already a folder caled "database" do I created folders inside this. Is this correct? Is it case sensitive? I have then copied the .rar file into the "dictionary folder" Is this correct? Or do I have to something to this file? Still says message "dictionary disabled."
Old 08-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsenior View Post
I have then copied the .rar file into the "dictionary folder" Is this correct? Or do I have to something to this file? Still says message "dictionary disabled."
You have to decompress/unrar the *.rar file(s), There should (at least one) *.dic file(s) in the "dictionary"-folder mentioned above.

Then I think, you have to press "disabled" once in te dictionary-settings to get a list of available dictionaries, an choose one.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
dsenior

That has worked just fine. Iit was just a question of unzipping the file. Many Thanks
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
The Hebridean
The Hebridean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
I have installed the dictionary how do you access it?
The Hebridean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
ATM Dictionary for 505 is a standalone app.

Goto Games and Utilities -> Dictionary

The app should start.

There are three colums on the right. Select one with joypad left right, and select the character with the numeric-key.
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
The Hebridean
The Hebridean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Thanks!
The Hebridean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
epacki
epacki began at the beginning.