Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
argentinita09
argentinita09 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Unhappy I'm new and I need HELP!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new here and I need your help! Please!!!

I've had the Sony Reader PRS- 505 (which I absolutely Love!) for a couple of months but I started having problems.
I didn't use it for a while and then I couldn't turn it on, so I had to reset it a couple of times and charge it and finally it works.

But the problem now is that when I choose a book to start reading, it takes like 25 minutes until it goes from the library to the e-book. I have all my e-books in a memory card and I know that this way it takes longer, but it was never as long as it is now.
I think maybe it has someting to do with the Calibre (I had to download it again) because it doesn't take as long with my old e-books, but I really don't know what to do!

Please help me!!!

Ps: Sorry for my english! Is not my first language!
argentinita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, argentinita09.

Hopefully someone will sign on soon with help. Being the holidays, many of our regulars are doing family things.

Enjoy the forums in the meantime.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Does this happen only when you open a book you have not read before, or is it every time you open the same book?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Are you noticing it on every book? Or only on certain ones? Have you tried to copy them directly onto the flash memory of the sony?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinita09 View Post
But the problem now is that when I choose a book to start reading, it takes like 25 minutes until it goes from the library to the e-book. I have all my e-books in a memory card and I know that this way it takes longer, but it was never as long as it is now.
25 minutes is far too much. Could you remove anything from the sd-card and transfer the ebooks again with calibre? (maybe it would be a good idea to create a backup first)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinita09 View Post
Ps: Sorry for my english! Is not my first language!
Eh, this is MobileRead. Bad english (as mine) is usually not a problem here and your english is really good imho.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I had a similar problem not too long ago, I had left my 505 off for quite a while and then after charging it the reader would take up to a half hour to format after I linked via USB or put my SD card into it. I kept having to reset the device.

Most of my books were on the device so I decided to move them around. After splitting my books between the reader, the SD card and the memory stick the device did much better.

From what I have read and experienced it seems that if the memory gets close to full on any of the mediums the reader has a hard time formatting and starting up. I would try a larger card or splitting your library up between the device's internal memory and the card.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
505, problem, reader, sony