Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
another damaged screen question

A small fault appeared on the screen of my prs350. It's quite small and I can read perfectly fine. I just worry that it might get larger with time. Do you know what I should expect ?
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
A small fault appeared on the screen of my prs350. It's quite small and I can read perfectly fine. I just worry that it might get larger with time. Do you know what I should expect ?
That's a very unusual fault. I would take it up with Sony — it looks to me like something that they should fix (probably by replacement) if it's still in warranty.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Looks very similar to a bit of screen damage on my K2. I had used my fingernail to remove a bit of debris, and I must have made a wee bit of a crack on the substrate with it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
my 300 did that, and about 90 days later, screen was unusable due to imprinting... tried to fix it myself, voiding warranty, no luck.

so far the 350 i replaced it with is flawless...
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Magnetic Visions
Magnetic Visions began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Have you ever dropped your PRS-350 or pressed the screen too hard? It looks like dead pixels to me.
Magnetic Visions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Visions View Post
Have you ever dropped your PRS-350 or pressed the screen too hard? It looks like dead pixels to me.

I'm not aware of that, but it might have happened; I simply noticed one day that the spot was there. I'll see how it evolves. Thanks for everybody!

BTW I saw pictures of e-ink on all kind of improbable and bendable surfaces (e.g. on a t-shirt); I wish they'd use it to make more durable readers
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have a small bullet mark sized 'crater' on my PEz. It has not changed size in 8 months. Not a scratch on the face.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote