Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
OpenSUSE packaging question . . .

I'm running Calibre 3.16 on OpenSUSE Leap 42.3 (ie, the current version). If I ask to verify the installed packages, I get the following warning:

$ zypper ve -D -y
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
4 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides appdata(calibre-ebook-edit.appdata.xml) needed by application:calibre - E-book Editor-.noarch
Problem: nothing provides appdata(calibre-ebook-edit.appdata.xml) needed by application:calibre - E-book Editor-.noarch
Problem: nothing provides appdata(calibre-ebook-viewer.appdata.xml) needed by application:calibre - E-book Viewer-.noarch
Problem: nothing provides appdata(calibre-ebook-viewer.appdata.xml) needed by application:calibre - E-book Viewer-.noarch

Note that there's no error for calibre-gui.appdata.xml . . . .

Other installed applications with AppStream metadata don't generate these errors, but AFAIK they were all installed from the OpenSUSE repositories.

I'm assuming I can ignore this (Calibre certainly seems to be working fine), but can someone point me at some documentation on this? I can't tell from the summary AppStream documentation how it's supposed to work :-)

One (possibly) related note; the OpenSUSE distro copy of Calibre is WAY out of date (2.85 !), but I'm running 3.16

Thanks!

Dan
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah it can be ignored appstream data is used by app stores, it is irrelevant to actual program operation. As far as I know, the calibre installer installs those appstream files as well, no idea why they aren't being picked up on your system.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
Thanks - the files (/usr/share/metainfo/calibre-ebook-*.appdata.xml) are indeed present, so the installer is doing it's thing :-)
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote