Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #1
lantech19446
lantech19446 began at the beginning.

Device: various
add a 2nd library on ubuntu server

I'm using calibre's content server it's running on Ubuntu Server so there is no graphical way for me to do this unless you know of an admin url that I don't.

I have created a 2nd folder and run the command calibredb add *.mobi --with-library chance/ and successfully added the book to it, this is precisely what I did to create the first library. Next I go to the service I wrote in systemd and I add to the execstart line /home/ubuntu/chance/ but it keeps failing with the message that there is no library there. if I cd into /home/ubuntu/chance/ I can run calibre-server chance and it will start and I can access the book that's within it but I want to run multiple libraries from the same instance so I can choose which library to enter. I'm obviously missing something in the process.
lantech19446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you are running at least calibre 4.x then to serve multiple libraries all you need to do is specify their paths on the command line that you execute calibre-server with.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library, server, ubuntu 22.04