Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2022, 12:28 AM   #16
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've noissues with calibre-web and current calibre versions. I replicate my local calibre library to a raspberry pi with calibre-web on it.
Thanks for that info. I had your exact setup for quite a while. But as my library grew, the Pi was not able to handle things with the speed I wanted. I can't say that was just Calibre-Web though. I was also running NextCloud on that same Pi. I know, that's asking a bit much from a Pi.

So I moved those web applications, and others, over to a much more powerful server and run them all out of separate Docker containers these days - reverse proxied by NGINX. But I still have the same basic setup: "replicate the Calibre database with rsync over to a different server, then make that second copy available read-only via Calibre-Web".
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 09:50 AM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Lol. I have SWAG, pinhole and two calibre-web instances up and running (data for calibre-web is NFS mounted from a QNAP)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2022, 11:48 AM   #18
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Lol. I have SWAG, pinhole and two calibre-web instances up and running (data for calibre-web is NFS mounted from a QNAP)
My Docker setup: SWAG, MariaDB, Calibre-Web x4 (Novels, Reference books, History books, and Piano sheet music), Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Booksonic, Lychee. This server that runs Docker also runs my Virtual Machines and NFS mounts (Samba for the Windows boxes). It runs all my "shared" stuff except for my centralized backups - which are done on a separate, backups-only (using UrBackup), box. One of these days I am going to try running Calibre itself (not just Calibre-Web) out of a Docker container. We'll have to see how Calibre's GUI looks with that setup (wish it was a web-based GUI instead).
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 01:57 PM   #19
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I now have a very similar problem, so am posting here rather than beginning a new thread. My Calibre version is currently 3.48 (64 bit). For a while its been 'nagging' me to update, but I haven't had any need.

I've recently bought a Kobo Libra 2 (not here yet) and none of the Kobo conversion options are for a 7" reader. Maybe I need to update? But I don't want to lose the ability to convert books from .lrf to kobo or kindle formats. Do the later versions of Calibre still support .lrf?

I don't understand what "not backwards compatible" means. Does this mean that it will completely wipe out all the books currently stored in Calibre?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:23 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not backwards compatible refers to the Database structure (5.x made some changes that early 3.x can't deal with) The Books are not affected.
Also LRF is still a valid conversion SOURCE
The LRF Output plugin is still present in 5.39
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2022, 06:45 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I plan to upgrade from Calibre 3.48 to 5.38 soon. I'm doing some testing now to make sure no surprises will pop up for me.
5.39.1 (current version)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 10:10 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
According to the Calibre website, if you have Windows 7 it's recommended to use 3.48, which is the version I already have. How to I enable this version to work with the Kobo Libra 2?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:19 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
According to the Calibre website, if you have Windows 7 it's recommended to use 3.48, which is the version I already have. How to I enable this version to work with the Kobo Libra 2?
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=12

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote