Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 11:15 AM   #1
zoomiest
zoomiest began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 3a
Remove Delete Button from Server browser interface? How?

I just ran my first test of the Calibre Server. Am I impressed! That is amazing! Worked perfectly.

However, I was also able to delete a book from my library with the delete button in the browser interface! Yikes.

I have created some family history E-books, and was going to share those books to extended family through Calibre Server... so I would want to remove that button.

How can I modify that browser interface? or set up a read-only user account?

Alternatively, I will just E-mail the books when requested.
zoomiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomiest View Post
I just ran my first test of the Calibre Server. Am I impressed! That is amazing! Worked perfectly.

However, I was also able to delete a book from my library with the delete button in the browser interface! Yikes.

I have created some family history E-books, and was going to share those books to extended family through Calibre Server... so I would want to remove that button.

How can I modify that browser interface? or set up a read-only user account?

Alternatively, I will just E-mail the books when requested.
Preferences--Sharing over net--user accounts.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-04-10 12-45-26.png
Views:	248
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	186523

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #3
zoomiest
zoomiest began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 3a
Thank you, Bernie!
That makes a large difference!
zoomiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:54 PM   #4
Thefirebeast
Thefirebeast began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 D01100
Is there a way to prevent people from being able to delete books but still allow them to upload?
Thefirebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefirebeast View Post
Is there a way to prevent people from being able to delete books but still allow them to upload?
If they are a User, then they can get books.
If you DO NOT grant them write access, that is all they can do.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #6
Thefirebeast
Thefirebeast began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 D01100
So in otherwords, theres no way to hide the delete button from users that have write access? Was hoping there was a way even if it required me messing with some config files.
Thefirebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delete, delete content, server