Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Hasso
Hasso began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre: customize advanced search dialog

Hello,

how can I customize the advanced search dialog in Calibre? Now I can only search for title, autors, series, keywords or specific dates.

I would like to have an input field for publisher as well.
Hasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just type publisher:whatever in the search box

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui....arch-interface
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You don't need to use advanced search for fairly simple searches
you can just type it

publisher: Baen

also, you can use the Tag Browser to 'build' a search

click Baen in the publishers section
hold down the Control Key
click David Drake in the authors Section
(keep holding the ctrl key and click whatever else or type on the search line)
hover over the column title for the field name to use

Click the 'Go'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
Hasso
Hasso began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi kovidgoyal,

thank you for your answer. I now can search for publishers. But there is a difference to the built-in search fields:
When I type an "A" into the field "Author" it shows me all Authors beginning with the letter "A". This works for "Title", "Series" and "Keywords" as well. But not so in the last input field where I can choose "Publisher". Is it possible to customize this?
Hasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:22 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasso View Post
Hi kovidgoyal,

thank you for your answer. I now can search for publishers. But there is a difference to the built-in search fields:
When I type an "A" into the field "Author" it shows me all Authors beginning with the letter "A". This works for "Title", "Series" and "Keywords" as well. But not so in the last input field where I can choose "Publisher". Is it possible to customize this?
If you click the letter (grouping) you get all with that letter
A [29] you get filled into the search
Code:
publisher:"~^[A]"
Which returns all publishers whose SORT starts with A

(remember A is also an 'article', so 'A Fine Press' will sort into F, not A)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert