Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
New version of K4PC this morning

My installation of K4PC auto-updated itself this morning to version 1.12.4. No obvious changes, and "the tools" still work fine with it. It downloaded half a dozen new books that I'd bought, all of which were downloaded as KF8, so no sign of KFX for this application yet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Good to hear, I'd still like to see an overhaul of the app, not sure if I'd sacrifice the ability to download KF8 books for that...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Good to hear, I'd still like to see an overhaul of the app, not sure if I'd sacrifice the ability to download KF8 books for that...
That's very much my view, too.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:28 AM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
New version: K4PC 1.13.0

Well, that overhaul has arrived, as of Kindle for PC 1.13.0.

I sacrificed one of my installations to test it. Thankfully, it appears that books with enhanced typesetting (as shown on the books store page) are still downloading AZW files.

Also, the tools to not have appeared to be broken by this release.

I have done minimal testing though, so I would still advise proceeding with caution.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
What's new in that version? Is it really an overhaul or just minor additions to an outdated application?
Advert
Old 11-04-2015, 03:49 AM   #6
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I would call it a graphical lick of paint to be honest.

Still seems to be the same old Kindle for PC under the shiner coating.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks for testing it! It's going to be a bit of a nuisance when they do start delivering KFX. Not a show-stopper, but a pain, nonetheless.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Is there any way to reduce the size of the covers in cover view? They are huge!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #9
kbchander
kbchander began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:

I sacrificed one of my installations to test it. Thankfully, it appears that books with enhanced typesetting (as shown on the books store page) are still downloading AZW files.

Also, the tools to not have appeared to be broken by this release.

I have done minimal testing though, so I would still advise proceeding with caution.
Hi Sherman,

What tools are you talking about?
kbchander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Alf's tools.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #11
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

I just downloaded the Mac version and can confirm everything so far said about the app... No real changes and some visual modifications, the dictionary pop up does not really work with OSX splitscreen view (cut off), the annotations pane cannot be adjusted...
Old 11-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #12
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:

So the books DON'T have enhanced typesetting, right?

Basically, they haven't added kfx support to k4pc.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Correct. No KFX support in 1.13.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #14
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Kindle for Mac 1.13.0

Heads up: Amazon seems to have moved folders around in K4Mac 1.13.0

My content is now in: Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle > My Kindle Content

(In K4Mac 1.12.x and earlier, my content was in Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle > Data > Library > My Kindle Content )

Alf was unhappy about this at first, but doing a clean install made Alf happy again.

I can also confirm that everything's still downloading as AZW3 as far as I can tell.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote