Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Unhappy Marvin Died With Calibre 2.0 here

I just upgraded to Calibre 2.0 and Marvin no longer works from my iPad Air and to Calibre on my Mac under Mavericks. It did work A-OK during the previous versions. I have no idea what to do. If I go to the Marvin HD plug-in I cannot open the configuration dialog as it says Calibre must be restarted and always says that after a restart. Marvin itself simply never appears in the Calibre icon bar. Marvin HD also does not appear. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone please help me?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a post in the plugin's forum saying that Marvin IS being worked on to get this issue resolved.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I just upgraded to Calibre 2.0 and Marvin no longer works from my iPad Air and to Calibre on my Mac under Mavericks. It did work A-OK during the previous versions. I have no idea what to do. If I go to the Marvin HD plug-in I cannot open the configuration dialog as it says Calibre must be restarted and always says that after a restart. Marvin itself simply never appears in the Calibre icon bar. Marvin HD also does not appear. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone please help me?
It is probably worth checking whether the plugin has been updated to work with QT5 (which is needed for it to work with Calibre 2.0). Although a lot of plugins have been updated I know there are some that still need updating to be compatible.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
bethohio3
bethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPhone, iPad, using Marvin
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll wait until Marvin is updated before updating to calibre 2.0.
bethohio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
It is probably worth checking whether the plugin has been updated to work with QT5 (which is needed for it to work with Calibre 2.0). Although a lot of plugins have been updated I know there are some that still need updating to be compatible.
Approximately three quarters of all plugins have been ported. The porting status of plugins is maintained here: http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/porting.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #6
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Thank you. I hope they fix it soon.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
Nancybny
Nancybny began at the beginning.

Device: marvin on ipad
missing my Marvin hook up so much!! Installed 2.1 last night hoping it would help... but no
Nancybny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancybny View Post
missing my Marvin hook up so much!! Installed 2.1 last night hoping it would help... but no
It is the plugin that has to be changed. Until that is done, it won't work with calibre v2. If you need to use it, you need to go back to calibre v1.48 until the plugin is updated.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
New releases for both iOS reader applications as well as Marvin XD have been published on their respective threads.

Thanks, David, for you help!
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #10
bethohio3
bethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beautybethohio3 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPhone, iPad, using Marvin
To get the updated plugins to work with calibre, I had to completely uninstall both of them, restart Marvin, and then re-install them. I don't know if that's because the first time I tried I re-installed the Marvin plugin first or because of the calibre updates.

p.s. This is not a complaint, just a heads up to those who might run into the same issue. I am thrilled with the updates!
bethohio3 is offline   Reply With Quote