Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Fantastic Fiction plugin for Calibre

Is anyone working on the Fantastic Fiction plugin to make it compatible with the new version of Calibre?? Didn't realize how much I depend on that plugin, and if I knew how, would fix it myself, but, alas, I don't...

Please, please, either owner or knowledgable person, fix this one..

ginnia
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
According to http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/porting.html it already is.

And in the [Metadata Source Plugin] Fantastic Fiction thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-12-2014 at 03:48 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
there is also the Fantastic Fiction Adults PI

Preferences (menu): get Plugins
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have no idea what you just said, Ducks -- but the FF-Adults does not work either.

I have the latest version of the plugin that's available (1.1.5) installed, and it just recently quit returning metadata. FF has very recently made changes to their site (at least appearance wise), and maybe that is keeping the plugin from working.
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The initial Q was was it updated to be compatible: Yes (you have it)

The new question: Is it now broken because of a site change?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It's a site change. It was reported in the Fantastic Fiction thread and I meant to fix it. I got distracted by something else. I'll have a look at it over the weekend.

Edit: The changes were simple. I have posted a version in Fantactic Fiction plugin thread. Please test and report how it goes there.

Last edited by davidfor; 09-12-2014 at 10:59 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote