Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Modular electronics

Did you like to play with lego blocks as a kid? Would you like to do it now with your electronic gadgets?

I found out about this rather odd company on Gizmodo. It looks like they will soon come out with, well I don't know quite what to call it.

Quote:
BUG is a new kind of device, one that's designed by you, not us. BUG is an open source, modular consumer electronics platform that makes building hardware just as easy as writing software or Web applications.
By the end of the year they say they will release the core module, as well as GPS, digital camera, accelerometer and color LCD touchscreen add-on modules.

In the first quarter next year, they plan to release more add-on modules including a better LCD screen, keyboard, audio, and a teleporter. Yes, I said teleporter (because they said teleporter).

http://buglabs.net/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Nate, I really appreciate this post. Now I can (soon) build my own reader. First we need to create compatibility with all the Java (kjava) apps that are floating around for cellphones and pocket PCs.

Many people want a solution they can buy and use. I like something I can tinker with and modify.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert