Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
keng2000
Edge User

Talking Nice cheap Reading light

$3.81+ free shipping

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26821

Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
aidren
Edge User

I tried a light, recently, with a similar style clip. I found that that clip syle 1) didn't grip particularly well (due to the thickness of the EE), which affected the light angle; and 2) I had concerns about the clip damaging the rubber bumpers/strips.

Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Boris, I believe you have the usb light that Entourage sells? How is it for illumination? And, how much does it affect power consumption?

Thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

I tried a USB reading light similar to the one enTourage lists in Accessories, but from a different manufacturer. The seller was nice enough to let me test in on my eDGe before I bought it. Lucky me. The lighting was poor. It was, in fact, dimmer than the flashlight available with the My Settings app.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
aidren, yes, you're right. I bought the smaller one from enTourage. It works great - it seems to make the eInk screen glow. It's also lightweight, and works as a standalone light source. LED lights draw almost no power, so effectively it has no noticeable effect on battery life. You can also run it off the included watch battery.
Thanks Boris. It sounds like an awesome light. (How many bulbs are in it?) I've been trying to find one locally to avoid the shipping/handling hassle, but definitely, haven't found one yet. When I'm ready to purchase a spare battery (hopefully, soon, because of the flux I'm expecting before the school year), maybe I'll add one to the order.

Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
walt526
Edge User

I bought this one a while back. I believe it was on sale for like $5 or something. Works out pretty well (doesn't tip over the eDGe) and gives off a LOT of light (7 little LEDs).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product