Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
alesh
alesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Logging out?

"You are logged in as the user guest. To log in as a different user, you will have to restart the browser."

I've now created different users, and I want to log into the web interface as one of them, but I can't log out. I've tried closing the Calibre tab, clearing Calibre cookies and restarting the browser (all together) and I'm still logged in.

Help?
alesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
works for me, try a different browser to make sure it is not a cache in your normal browser. Did you restart the server after adding more user accounts?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
alesh
alesh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yes, tried restarting the server. Very odd. In Chrome when I restart the server I can log in as another user, but in Safari I'm logged in on restart even if I delete "Cache, Cookies, Databases, and Local Storage" for the IP address the server's running on.

I'm connecting over the internet even though the server's running in my house.

I've solved the problem by deleting the user account, trying to log in (and failing) and re-adding it.
alesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
paul55391
Enthusiast
paul55391 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Confirming inability to log out (Safari/Mac)

I've been unable to log out from one account and can't log in with a different account name as a result. I'm using the Safari browser on a Mac. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread.

Last edited by paul55391; 02-25-2023 at 09:20 PM.
paul55391 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
server, web access