Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-19-2023, 01:29 AM   #1
Mr.win7
Mr.win7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad, pc, macbook pro
PDF reader integration in calibre content server

Hi kovidgoyal,
I really enjoy the calibre content server. When I read epub and mobi, It manages and sync reading status and make a easy-to-use format.

But when reading PDFs with calibre content sever in browser, it will use browsers' builtin PDF viewer, which make the reading progress, notes and reading status cannot be managed by server. I'll always read from the beginning. and different browser have different behavior.
Would you please intergrate a web version PDF reader in the content server? I'm really want to have a smooth reading experience for PDF across different devices. Maybe we can provide a button to let users choose which viewer to use for PDF.
Mr.win7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf, server