Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #46
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
But we can each only nominate one, so you will need to choose!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #47
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
How many months' worth of themes are we hoping to choose at this point?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #48
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
But we can each only nominate one, so you will need to choose!
Eventually. But I figure that folks will have opinions about ones they like/don't like, and that may sort out a preference. Right now, I'm leaning on Trade Secrets, but I suspect You're Never Too Young might have more potential for discussion.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #49
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
How many months' worth of themes are we hoping to choose at this point?
The primary consideration is that all the regulars who want get to pick a theme; so as long as the numbers don't get too big, we'll go with that. As it stands, we'll be far enough out in the future with what we've already got, so we don't have to worry about falling short.

Where we'll cut it off and go with a poll instead of just going with the list, I dunno. I think somewhere in the six to nine months range would be ideal, but I wouldn't cut if off at nine months if it meant that only one or two were left out. So it's nebulous. I'll drop my nomination if that's the tipping point, but in any case, it'll work out.

I can't pinpoint it more than that; I hope that works for everyone.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:16 PM   #50
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That sounds reasonable and appropriately flexible!
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #51
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Into the Labyrinth— The “labyrinth” could be of any sort, e.g. material, mental, spiritual or psychological. Whatever it is, It,should provide the thematic force of the book. “Into” would most probably define the conflict or motive.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #52
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

That sounds interesting, fantasyfan.

I would like to change my nomination, as I only picked it on the rebound, as it were. So my nomination is Naturally Gifted which could cover books about any aspect of the world of nature, and also books about gifted people - musicians, artists, mathematicians, etc.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some of these will take some thinking! I'm minded of Churchill's "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma." Eventually, we have to get to adding topics to some of these and tweaking both tags and topics, but we're in no hurry.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #54
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
That sounds interesting, fantasyfan.

I would like to change my nomination, as I only picked it on the rebound, as it were. So my nomination is Naturally Gifted which could cover books about any aspect of the world of nature, and also books about gifted people - musicians, artists, mathematicians, etc.
I like it. And could include books about holiday gifts as well. Oh, I can see all kinds of ways this could go...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:12 PM   #55
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Some of these will take some thinking! I'm minded of Churchill's "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma." Eventually, we have to get to adding topics to some of these and tweaking both tags and topics, but we're in no hurry.
Do we want to add topics? If we just have the phrase, it leaves it wider open to interpretation.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #56
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Do we want to add topics? If we just have the phrase, it leaves it wider open to interpretation.
We don't have to add topics. I like them myself as part of our style and I also think they have the reverse effect of opening out the theme somewhat more, but obviously that's open to interpretation!
Old 06-29-2018, 07:46 AM   #57
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
We don't have to add topics. I like them myself as part of our style and I also think they have the reverse effect of opening out the theme somewhat more, but obviously that's open to interpretation!
I prefer adding topics. Sometimes the themes don't do much to spark my imagination.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #58
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I prefer adding topics. Sometimes the themes don't do much to spark my imagination.
I think it gives people something else to play with, also.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #59
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Fair enough: I shall give mine some thought and come back in due course.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #60
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Hrm... I wonder if that would work: Open to Interpretation?

Not changing my contribution, just speculating the turn of phrase.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote