Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2024, 05:04 AM   #1
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Title not indexed - please try again later.

What could cause this problem?

I've one book that's stuck with this whenever I try to use search function in it. Everything else works, cover, thumbnail, page numbers, custom fonts, everything except search. I think that it may be down to something with the way I converted it, but I can't figure what exactly it was.

Sideloaded book, KFX format. Epub originally.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:57 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try AZW3
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2024, 08:27 AM   #3
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Eh, it was user error. I did some formatting to the book, 250% on Chapter titles, larger capital letter at beginning of chapters in editor, and something went off at that end that somehow caused indexing to stall. I tried it again by just converting unedited .epub to .kfx and it worked.

[edit]
I'm still a bit puzzled by this. It's only book that's performing weird. I eliminated Calibre Editor, and Sigil from the equation by just editing .css file manually. Only thing that I added was "font-size: 250%;" under chapter title section, and immediately I got .kfx file with "Title not indexed" problem, and search function that's not working.

Last edited by jackm8; 01-20-2024 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:17 PM   #4
jackm8
Zealot

Another update. This problem fixed itself on its own with time. I guess that it just took a long time for the device to build search database in this case.