Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #1
Orphee
Orphee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox AfterGlow 2
Angry Onyx, please stop indexing HTML files!

Please, dear Onyx developper, may I suggest a request?

STOP INDEXING HTML FILES IN THE LIBRARY!!!!!

Pleeeaaaase! That would be so nice from you!

Kobo Reader, Pocket, and others applications which use html files, or unzip .epub into multiple .html files, are almost unusable on AfterGlow2 and Lynx, because the Library and the Home Screen are then all messed up with ABSOLUTELY useless .html files!

And indexing html files is, IMHO, very useless on an e-reader. Who does really need to have them right in his Library and Home Screen?
Orphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:28 AM   #2
bulek
Enthusiast
bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML AG2
That's exactly the problem I have too. I have installed Pocket and just after it started "indexing 300 files blabla..."... every time. It's also difficult to browse through the library with all these cached html files. The last resort option that works is search in the library.
bulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Amen!

I've had my Boox for two days and I have to say that so far it's been great. There are two bugs that need to be fixed. This is THE major one. Every time I start I have to allow time for it to index. At times I have just given up being able to use the device. The other bug is the inaccurate touch.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
havi
havi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Afterglow 2
I have to agree with you all, it's really frustrating to wait that html indexing task every time you wake up your reader to start reading your book...
havi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:34 AM   #5
bulek
Enthusiast
bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bulek can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML AG2
In the "user preferences" (I am guessing the name since I do have a Polish menu) I have selected "Scan only a Books folder in flash memory" (guessing a name again). Then I moved all my books to "Books" folder. I have reconfigured Calibre to export to "Books". I have cleared the cache of Pocket, FeedMe to get rid of the html files. After restart it indexed my books only. I have run Pocket and Feedly again so that their cache is populated again. After another restart unfortunately it again was looking for metadata in html files . The good thing is that after that change I don't have html files in the Library anymore. So it still scans the html files from time to time but the Library stays clean.
bulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulek View Post
In the "user preferences" (I am guessing the name since I do have a Polish menu) I have selected "Scan only a Books folder in flash memory" (guessing a name again). Then I moved all my books to "Books" folder. I have reconfigured Calibre to export to "Books". I have cleared the cache of Pocket, FeedMe to get rid of the html files. After restart it indexed my books only. I have run Pocket and Feedly again so that their cache is populated again. After another restart unfortunately it again was looking for metadata in html files . The good thing is that after that change I don't have html files in the Library anymore. So it still scans the html files from time to time but the Library stays clean.
Acctually, the indexing speed is too slow, we have to spend a long time before read a book, and loading design for pdf also takes quite a long time.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote