Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Blinq
Blinq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wi-Fi Error message although pw is correct

Hi & sorry, if this is a really stupid question or doesn't belong here.
I have just received my new Kindle Paperwhite and tried to register it through the mobile WLAN-Hotspot of my phone. Although the password I enter is correct, the Kindle gives me the error message:

Wi-Fi Error
Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "Open Air". Press Set Up to enter your password again or manually set up your network. If you have issues connecting your Kindle to WiFi, you can find help at www.kindle.com/support

I tried all kinds of restarts and reenterings, checked the password and tried to find help on the website but didn't get anywhere so far.
I would be grateful for any ideas.
Thanks in advance, Blinq
Blinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It sounds like the signal of your mobile isn't strong enough for the Kindle to connect to. Do you have a static wifi signal anywhere you could use?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Blinq
Blinq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, josieb,
in the mean time I found the solution with the help of a friend. For the sake of those who find this thread with a similar situation: In my phone I had checked in the WiFi setting that it should allow only specific gear. I had to switch that from 'allow only admitted' to 'allow all' (translated from German).
Thanks for your post, though - that could also have been the solution.
All the best, blinq
Blinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm glad you got it sorted
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error message, kindle paperwhite, registration, wifi, wlan