Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #91
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
A new version has been posted, fixing a problem where internal content files that weren't UTF-8 and had accented or otherwise "extended" characters weren't being decoded properly. Look for the update in the next hour or so from calibre!
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #92
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version posted. KePub Output 2.2.16 fixes bug 1324884, requiring that image tags be wrapped in koboSpan tags and allowing other tags requiring this same special treatment to also be processed more easily in the future.
Advert
Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #93
bowlins
bowlins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversion is working great here. Thanks a lot for that!!!

I have a question about extensions of output file.

I can convert .epub to .kepub fine, but if I don't want to use Calibre to send books to device I have to manually add .epub to the name of the file. I was wondering if it's possible to automatically add .kepub.epub as extension.

I've read previous questions in regards to this and I understand that adding .epub makes Calibre to "think" that it is an epub file. However, I would like to distribute the .kepub versions of my books and some people may not use Calibre but manual sideload
bowlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #94
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You'll need to keep manually adding the .epub extension if you distribute converted books. I'd actually recommend against distributing KePub format books anyway though, because the format is still not identical to the official Kobo format, but if you want to anyway go right ahead. I won't add the option to use '.kepub.epub' directly.

If you're sending the KePub books to your Kobo device, try the option in the driver plugin to copy converted books to a directory. I can't remember exactly how I implemented that, but what you get is the KePub version of the book copied to a directory of your choice when it's sent to your device. I don't think it works when sending KePub format books, only when converting during upload, but see if that works for you.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #95
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version uploaded, look for the calibre update notice soon!

This should ideally be an update that no one even notices anything different. The only change in this update is to be compatible with both the upcoming calibre 2 (using PyQt5) and the current calibre 1.x (using PyQt4). I've tested with both and it seems to be Working Fine For Me(tm), but file bugs on Launchpad if you encounter any issues.
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #96
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@jgoguen,

When trying to convert to KEPUB using calibre beta 1.201.2 I get this error as soon as I select KEPUB from the 'Output format' drop-down menu on the top right of the conversion page.
Code:
calibre, version 1.201.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name _fromUtf8

calibre 1.201.2  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Count Pages && Search The Internet && Open With && Quality Check && Copy Cover To Device && Fantastic Fiction && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Barnes & Noble && Goodreads && Kobo Utilities && JSTest Plugin && EpubSplit && KePub Output && Extract ISBN && Wiki Reader && Modify ePub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 215, in setup_pipeline
  File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.kepub_output", line 56, in gui_configuration_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.config", line 32, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\__init__.py", line 61, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.config", line 47, in setupUi
ImportError: cannot import name _fromUtf8
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #97
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

[Conversion Output] KePub Output Plugin

Please file a bug (see the first post for directions) and I'll look as soon as I can. My Internet access is still sporadic and limited to my phone.

Don't bother with a bug. I have a very long ride home now and I think I fixed it. Tested on the released calibre, but testing on the beta and releasing an update (and committing my code to Github) still requires me to get Internet access

Last edited by jgoguen; 07-16-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #98
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Yay, I got a few minutes of Internet access! New version released that should fix this once calibre fetches the update.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #99
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, forgot to come back. No obvious error messages on calibre beta 1.201
Old 07-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #100
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

This has been a bit of a rough decision, but I'm cutting myself loose from everything Kobo. Including my Kobo plugins for calibre.

It's been pure frustration dealing with Kobo in any way, and for cost and quality I've been buying books from Amazon for months now. I recently got a Kindle as a gift which I've been happy with, so I also haven't been using my Aura lately at all.

I'm no longer accepting bug reports or enhancement requests for my two Kobo plugins, nor will I be uploading new versions. The current version should work with the upcoming calibre with QT5, and the driver plugin will also work with any future updates to the mainline KoboTouch driver maintained by davidfor.

The code will not be going away! The plugin ZIP file attached to the first post has all the source code in it, and the combined source for both plugins will remain on GitHub. The code is open source, anyone who wants to is free to fork it and take over development provided you adhere to the terms of the GPL. I'm willing to offer advice and assistance with Kobo-specific and KePub-specific details to anyone who wants to do so. Please let me know if you are taking over development though, as the plugin index thread will need to be updated and the mods may want to confirm with me a change to the plugin thread (although hopefully this post is confirmation enough).

It's been fun, except when I dealt with Kobo, but after hearing from them that they weren't interested in closing the gap on a $20 price difference for a single book (a work of fiction, not even an expensive book like textbooks) and the general difficulty I've had getting a polite response (or a response in general) out of them I decided I couldn't support their products anymore.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #101
Valvar
Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It's a pity that you are abandoning the project, but I thank you very much for the efforts that you have made.

The plugin does unfortunately not seem to work with the QT5 version Calibre, though
Valvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #102
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvar View Post
The plugin does unfortunately not seem to work with the QT5 version Calibre, though
If you want help, you're going to need to put more effort than 'it doesn't work' into describing the problems you're seeing. There's no usable information in your post.

I'm no expert with this plugin as I don't use it very often, but it created a KEPUB for me, with no error messages, using calibre beta 1.205.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #103
Valvar
Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Valvar knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sorry, thought it was a general issue, and wasn't sure if this thread was the right place to report bugs.

Getting this error:

Quote:
calibre, version 1.205.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>RuntimeError</b>:the PyQt4.QtCore and PyQt5.QtCore modules both wrap the QObject class

calibre 1.205 isfrozen: False is64bit: True
Linux-3.16.0-2-ARCH-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.16.0-2-ARCH', '#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 4 19:04:45 CEST 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('', '', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && KoboTouchExtended && KePub Output && Kobo Utilities
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 156, in convert_ebook
self.do_convert(book_ids, bulk=bulk)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 173, in do_convert
self.gui.library_view.model().db, book_ids, out_format=prefs['output_format'])
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/tools.py", line 41, in convert_single_ebook
d = SingleConfig(parent, db, book_id, None, out_format)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 151, in __init__
self.setup_pipeline()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 215, in setup_pipeline
self.plumber.get_option_help, self.db, self.book_id)
File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.kepub_o utput", line 56, in gui_configuration_widget
File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.config" , line 32, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/convert/__init__.py", line 61, in __init__
self.setupUi(self)
File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.conversion.config" , line 42, in setupUi
RuntimeError: the PyQt4.QtCore and PyQt5.QtCore modules both wrap the QObject class
Valvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #104
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I've ran a lot of conversions to kepub yesterday without any errors. This looks like it is in the configuration, and I didn't go there. What exactly where you doing?

There is a problem in conversion/config.py. The import statements for PyQt5 and PyQt4 use tabs for indenting rather than spaces. That might be the cause but I don't know why I'm not seeing an error.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #105
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: This is most likely caused by the OP running a distro version of calibre, looking at the debug output, the distro is Arch Linux, which crazily enough decided to release the calibre 2 betas to their user base, as stable, with no testing.

The error will most likely be caused by the fact that the plugin tries to import PyQt4 first and if that fails imports PyQt5. On arch, with a distro package both pyqt4 and pyqt5 are importable, causing the problem.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote