Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #331
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
KNC1 no longer works here.
Ask Google.

= = = = =

= = = = =

Joe Cocker singing Bob Dylan, it can't get any better than this.

Last edited by knc1; 09-06-2018 at 12:23 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:42 AM   #332
Georgi
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
KNC1 no longer works here.
So is someone else posting on his behalf? I'm confused.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:20 PM   #333
dinlaca
dinlaca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looks like KNC1 is not receiving further Pms.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has access to the password for the KOA2 firmware would PM it to me. I have a KOA2 from amazon.de running 5.9.2.0.1 that I would like to try to jailbreak.

Thanks in advance.
dinlaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #334
dinlaca

Thanks for the PM.

So I tried the jb, and procedure not working on KOA2 running 5.9.2.0.1 that is supposed to be from amazon.de. I bought KOA2 from amazon.de through a third party, and I wonder if I was sold a bill of goods (i.e., KOA2 sold to me at a mark-up actually was NOT from amazon.de).

How do we know that this jb procedure works for KOA2 from amazon.de? Links/sources?

If it turns out that this jb procedure should work on a KOA2 from amazon.de, I will be pursuing a refund from this third party. Does anyone know of a way for a US-based buyer to purchase a KOA2 from the actual amazon.de site?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #335
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dinlaca: What made you think it would work to begin with?

Assume third-party means *NOT* factory fresh, because (possibly mistakenly in the KOA2 case, jury's still out) thinking that it'd work on a factory-fresh device, regardless of version, is the only vague explanation I could think of, since 5.9.2 != 5.9.0.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-17-2018 at 07:46 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:12 PM   #336
dinlaca

I saw the "unless" from this post earlier in the thread, and the further response on the next page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sorry, our jail break does not work on that combination (unless you purchased it from Amazon.de).
Old 09-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #337
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dinlaca: What made you think it would work to begin with?

Assume third-party means *NOT* factory fresh, because (possibly mistakenly in the KOA2 case, jury's still out) thinking that it'd work on a factory-fresh device, regardless of version, is the only vague explanation I could think of, since 5.9.2 != 5.9.0.
While you were away from mobileread there were numerous speculations by respected members that Kindles from amazon.de were special, possibly because of German consumer protection laws. These speculations seemed to be on firmer ground than the "all new Kindles" speculations. But it seems neither has been confirmed and that negative reports are starting to come in. On the other hand, hope will probably spring eternal, or until it is quashed.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 PM   #338
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I was under the impression that mostly applied to the PW3? (Or was it the KT3 for the German case?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #339
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I was under the impression that mostly applied to the PW3? (Or was it the KT3 for the German case?)
I think PW3 dominates discussion. The vibe I got for both rumors was that they applied to all devices, but I could be wrong. If there is a law involved, it wouldn't only apply to the PW3.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #340
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
All KT3s with any factory (never-updated) firmware are downgradable to the initial factory firmware 5.8.0.
Most of the PW3s with the factory (never-updated) firmware 5.8.11 (currently shipping) are downgradable to the initial factory firmware 5.8.9.0.1 (under some conditions and risk).
We still have few reports about KOA2s with the factory (never-updated) firmware shipped directly from Amazon (to avoid any wi-fi connections by resellers).
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #341
Georgi
Nameless Being

I have a KOA2 bought new from amazon.de with factory 5.9.2.0.1. I would like to try to jailbreak it but I don't know how to. If anyone can help me out, we can have another data point. It's the 3G model.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #342
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi View Post
I have a KOA2 bought new from amazon.de with factory 5.9.2.0.1. I would like to try to jailbreak it but I don't know how to. If anyone can help me out, we can have another data point. It's the 3G model.
The instructions are on the first post in this thread.

A factory image that shoudl work is linked here as 5.9.0.6:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=161
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #343
bozza111
Connoisseur
bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KOA2
I can confirm the 5.9.2.0.1 KOA2 doesn't downgrade to the factory image.

I tried on a device that has always been on airplane mode bought through amazon.de.

The device is not yet registered.
bozza111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #344
bozza111
Connoisseur
bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KOA2
Is it safe to assume that if we are on 5.9.2.0.1 we can just update to the latest fw since the jb doesn't work?
bozza111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #345
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozza111 View Post
Is it safe to assume that if we are on 5.9.2.0.1 we can just update to the latest fw since the jb doesn't work?
Updating the latest firmware should not pose any issues.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2