Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-07-2018, 12:39 AM   #1
atl068
atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
Unable to use select_form in mechanized browser

My university uses OKTA for authentication, and then it allows me to access many journals, e.g. NEJM. So, for example, https://www.nejm.org.ezproxy.flinders.edu.au will allow me to read all of the journal articles in New England Journal of Medicine. NEJM has a great RSS feed and I like to use it with Calibre. Alas, the built-in recipe is for direct subscribers.

Thus, I tried to modify the script. However, I ran into a problem. For OKTA, the form doesn't have a "name" but has only an "id". So the br.select_form(name="login") in the built-in script will fail and I can't change it to any other name. The form id appears to be "form17". Looking at the mechanized browser in python, I should be able to use alternative methods like: looking for form with a class containing some names, or the Nth form using nr=17 etc. However, when I use anything other than select_form(name=xxxx), Calibre fails saying that it was unexpected. What am I doing wrong? I just can't figure it out. I tried google and forum searching for referring to the form id instead of name, etc... but to no avail.

Thanks.
atl068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC you should just be able to do

select_form(id="whatever")

Make sure you calibre version is up-to-date however, since I added that facility to mechanize relatively recently.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote