Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Can't save changes in KOBO ereader.conf

After some tastes with kfmon, plato and KOReader — I try to revert all changes and back to my clear kobo firmware with minimal patches.
I'm installed Plato and KOReader by one click patch. Uninstal it by sh script posted in kfmon topic.
After all of this, i'm install dictionary by dictutil and start using.
All works fine, instead time notation. I'm using 24-hour format. I'm plug book and edit KOBO ereader.conf, after unplug and reboot change nothing.
I'm plug book to pc again and found, that my changes not saved.
I'm repeat it few times but change nothing. I'm try to wait few minutes after changes, copy file to PC, change and cope back with replace.

After all above I'm have two question:
1. How to fix it?
2. Does any way to back my reader to factory settings without any tails in files system after all of my experiments?
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Are you using a UNIX format editor or Windows Notepad?
If you have Windows then install the free notepad++ and set it to LF only.
By default all Windows and MSDOS common text editors insert LF and CR.
By default all UNIX, BSD, Linux (all kinds), current Mac (maybe since 2002) and Solaris use LF only. Internally very many things use a UNIX like standard. Android is partly Linux.
Mac OS9 and earlier might have been CR only.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Representation
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
Vetchy
Connoisseur

I'm on Mac now. All my config file in edit in sublime text and it works correctly before
Old 05-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Check the filesystem for corruption, it might be mounted read-only because of that.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Check the filesystem for corruption, it might be mounted read-only because of that.
I'm sorry, how to do that?
Can i use standard disk utility in macOS?
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's *probably* doable via diskutils, yeah, but don't hold me to that.

The same thing came up recently in another thread, there might have been more details from regular macOS users.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's *probably* doable via diskutils, yeah, but don't hold me to that.

The same thing came up recently in another thread, there might have been more details from regular macOS users.
What about my second question, can I reset device to factory settings and install official firmware? This action clean all scripts and other uninstalled stuff?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The one available in the Settings menu or wherever is a wee bit less aggressive than it used to be, the full one is now hidden away in the hidden Dev menu, IIRC.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Or use the manual method which still does the full factory reset.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote