Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 05:08 AM   #1411
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Earlier this week we watched Silo, the first time for my sister and the second time for me. I want to start the second book in the series after my current book, so it was a nice refresher.

My sister loved it and was sad when we found out that the second season won't be released for at least another year.

I'm now trying to find something to watch next for us. We might watch some movies this weekend, so we can binge on the latest season of True Detective next week.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:59 AM   #1412
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Season 3 has just begun on SyFy. Each new episode (1 so far) is released every Thursday on Peacock.
We're going to take it for a spin. We are typically not TV comedy folks, but I like the actor that plays the Alien (from FireFly, of course). We'll see!

You guys all know that Death in Paradise is back on BritBox, right? It's only the first epi, they aren't releasing them all at once, but drip-feeding.

I have to admit, while it was "okay," I felt that same sort of vague disappointment that I have felt with Fr. Brown these last few seasons. The murder isn't all that clever, the denouement is downright flat...hmph. Maybe they have the Writer's Strike blues...(just kidding).

BUT, for those of you that have loved this OG of Chamber-of-Commerce-Cozy-Mystery shows, it's there!

(Any of you tried this "Will Trent" show?)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:04 AM   #1413
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I know I'm missing Death in Paradise (and a few others right now) on BritBox, but I've shuffled up my streaming services for a bit. I dropped Netflix and Britbox for a while in favor of Peacock (premium) and Paramount+. Hopefully they'll all be waiting for me when I inevitably switch back.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM   #1414
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Sunday I watched two movies that I recorded the night before on my PBS station. First, Indiscreet (Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman, set in London) from 1958.

Then, Shane from 1953 (Alan Ladd, Jack Palance, Jean Arthur, Van Heflin). I hardly ever watch westerns, but it as good, albeit slow. I was born in 1951 and as child watched Bonanza and Gunsmoke. There were other westerns, but those two shows were all that I watched of westerns. Shane was cattlemen vs. settlers in Wyoming, 1889. I just looked this up and found this:

https://hacklermark77.medium.com/ran...%20to%20resist.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote