Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2024, 07:00 AM   #1036
LuisBrandao
LuisBrandao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That should be relatively easy to do properly with a NickelHook mod (similar to how NickelClock works), or hackily with a script and FBInk. I don't have time to work on this myself, though.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I have no clue how to go at it. Would it be something doable in the future?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It looks like @geek1011 doesn't have the time to do a "proper job" for a suitable patch. The only, much simpler, patch for nickel.yaml I could find was one which sets the caption background to black and looks like the attached screenshot.

As you can see - pretty bad - not least because there's no way to affect the footer without also affecting the header.

You could just read with Dark Mode switched on. That would make it hard to see any uneven lighting.
Main problem is that that suggestion seems to leave the corners white, which is where I notice most of the unevenness :/

About reading in full dark mode, when I did it, specially in bed with all lights off, the white flash for the screen refresh almost left me blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
You could also disable the frontlight and switch to using a reading lamp, and then you'll never be bothered by the unevenness again.
It has crossed my mind x)
LuisBrandao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:16 AM   #1037
hatuluang
Enthusiast
hatuluang began at the beginning.

Progress bar Black to Grey.

Hi, I would like to ask if is there a patch to change the color of the progress bar from black to grey/dark grey. thank you
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:10 AM   #1038
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Hi, I would like to ask if is there a patch to change the color of the progress bar from black to grey/dark grey. thank you
There are various progress bars in the GUI. Which specific one are you asking about?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:28 AM   #1039
hatuluang
Enthusiast

The progress bar at the bottom of the page in reading mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	progress bar.png
Views:	17
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	206328  
Old 02-12-2024, 12:13 PM   #1040
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
The progress bar at the bottom of the page in reading mode.
I had a look around in the nickel CSS files for progress bar stuff. I did find one instance which looked hopeful but unfortunately, when I beta-tested a different bar colour, it only affected the progress bars on the book reading stats page (More > Activity) not the one at the bottom of the reading page - as in your screenshot.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM   #1041
hatuluang
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I had a look around in the nickel CSS files for progress bar stuff. I did find one instance which looked hopeful but unfortunately, when I beta-tested a different bar colour, it only affected the progress bars on the book reading stats page (More > Activity) not the one at the bottom of the reading page - as in your screenshot.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
It is ok, Thank you

Last edited by hatuluang; 02-13-2024 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:02 PM   #1042
getthething
getthething began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apologies if I missed this, but is it possible to set the landscape button previous/advance orientation independently of the portrait orientation? Libra 2
getthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:23 PM   #1043
LuisBrandao
LuisBrandao began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBrandao View Post
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for the great work being done here. I'd like to request a patch, if it's possible.

I'm a little obsessed with the unevenness of my screen's lightning - I can clearly see whiter corners at the bottom and the white / yellow colour merging. It's probably nothing to most people but, probably a little OCD-induced, I notice it every single time I reach the bottom of a page. I've switched devices, with some success, but not total.

I've also seen some improvements playing around the bottom margins and removing Book progress - in short, having more text in the bottom of the page improves the experience except for the specific line of text at the bottom, where I can see the unevenness while reading.

Then it occurred to me that this could be greatly improved if the area dedicated to book progress and below could be in dark mode, while all the rest in regular white mode (this way the dark part would hide the uneven light). It would look something like the attached image:

Is this something doable?

Thank you so much!
Luís

Asking again if anybody would be able to help!
Thank you so much
LuisBrandao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests