Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2024, 05:38 PM   #271
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
BTW, it's 5.16.2.1.1 and the most ghastly yet, but I rarely ever use a Kindle now.
I don't know what the other PW3 has as it's gone flat. The ancient Sony PRS-350 is very much less likely to be flat.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:22 AM   #272
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Has anyone been able to provide Kindle logs to those who try to debug this issue on this thread?
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:39 PM   #273
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I have the logs but don't know how to get them from Kindle to Mobileread.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:41 PM   #274
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
You would probably want to place them on google drive on a folder that you would then share and place the link here?
Old 02-12-2024, 11:44 PM   #275
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I'd suggest packing the all_system_logs_as_of_*.txt file into a .zip file and attach it to a message here unless someone knows of any security reasons not to do so. There does not seem to be any username/password/etc. in my sample of the file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:20 PM   #276
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
You would probably want to place them on google drive on a folder that you would then share and place the link here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd suggest packing the all_system_logs_as_of_*.txt file into a .zip file and attach it to a message here unless someone knows of any security reasons not to do so. There does not seem to be any username/password/etc. in my sample of the file.
DNSB's suggestion is far better for sharing with the mobileread community.

If that isn't acceptable, then it would be best to work something out with jhowell.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 04:07 PM   #277
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's been not long after a week since my PW3 has WiFi turned on. I'll turn on WiFi tomorrow and see if any of my side loaded books get lost.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:32 PM   #278
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's been not long after a week since my PW3 has WiFi turned on. I'll turn on WiFi tomorrow and see if any of my side loaded books get lost.
I don't think that's enough time. I would wait for a month, at least. Unfortunately I no longer have a modern Kindle to experiment on, only two ancient ones. They're slow, so it would be a pain to experiment with them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:23 PM   #279
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Here are my Kindle logs.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:07 AM   #280
arturg
Zealot

It seems like some kind of deletion is happening:

Quote:
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [TransportAdaptor:INFO] Invoking tododownload
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [ContentDownloadManager:INFO] Starting DownloadContent
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [TransportAdaptor:INFO] Feature is ON for experiment - EINK_YJFF_PROGRESSIVE_DOWNLOADS_297815
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [ContentDownloadWorker:INFO] starting enqueue download thread.
240207:172118 powerd[3003]: I def:ipc_event_cb:Handling usb hal event = wanRing:
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: I conutils:shortcutEnsureCon::Using cached result for connection request
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: I conutils:queueEnsureConnection::returning cached result
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: I lipc_cb_cmd:Connect event received:event = 0:
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: I defer_active:redeferring:id=135,was=WAITING,wasby= NOTHING,now=DEFERRED,defby=HIGHER_PRIORITY_REQUEST ,qpos=9 of 130,pri=1600,toppri=110:
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: W get_resp_body:fopen_err:id=135,status=DEFERRED,res p=-1,errno=No such file or directory (2):
240207:172118 tmd[3034]: I sendstatus:server_said:id=135,code=-1,status=DEFERRED,body=" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ":
240207:172118 phd[3189]: I lipc_cb:noted_tphrigin=4 (UDP_TPH):
240207:172118 phd[3189]: I udp_tphv3:TPH_received:type=UDP_TPH,expected_type= UDP_TPH,mcc=0,mnc=0,last_pkt_seen_before=0:
240207:172118 phd[3189]: I udp_tphv3:acking_tph::Sending ACK
240207:172118 todo[2990]: W todo:ScheduleToDoIgnored:reason=todoAlreadyInProgr ess:Ignoring scheduling ToDo, already in progress
240207:172118 todo[2990]: I def:malloc_trim::start
240207:172118 todo[2990]: I def:malloc_trim:ret=1:end
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I ContentToDoHandler:Information::CC lookup failed. Retrying with no GUID.
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I ReaderSDKImpl:Information::Successfully deleted content
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I ReaderSDKImpl:Information::Processing remove item
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I AbstractSyncController:Information::Successfull dataset upload <private>
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I AbstractSyncController:Information:: Upload list of dataset: syncStatus true
240207:172118 todo[2990]: I todo:ProcessingToDoItem:id=archive,topic=archive.s ync:
240207:172118 ADM[12750]: D HttpClient: Making request to https://device-messaging-na.amazon.com/GetMessages
240207:172118 archive[2987]: I archive:ProcessArchivedItemsToDo:status=processing ,id=archive,topic=archive.sync,processingReason=SP H,currentStatus=0:Processing archive items from ToDo
240207:172118 archive[2987]: I archive_lipc:isDeviceInFreeTimeMode:isFreeTimeMode =0:
240207:172118 cvm[5380]: I conutils:shortcutEnsureCon::Using cached result for connection request
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [ClientDataGenerator:INFO] Generating Client details
240207:172118 ADM[12750]: I Main: Received TPH event: wanRing.
240207:172118 scan[5858]: I libload:loaded:glob=*.azw3,ep=load_mobi8_extractor :
240207:172118 scan[5858]: I NATIVE:dlopen:so=/usr/lib/ccat/libmobi8extractorE.so:loaded
240207:172118 scan[5858]: I extract_util:getSilentDeleteIndicatorFilePath : ::File does not exist or cannot form path
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [UpdateMetadata:INFO] Metadata File does not exists for new book download exiting without reading
240207:172118 KindleContentDownloadManagerApplication: [5859] [ContentDownloadWorker:INFO] enqueue download for asset: 1976613628
Old 02-14-2024, 06:53 AM   #281
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I think Marge Gunderson would agree with you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 07:29 AM   #282
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Silent deletion
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:59 PM   #283
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Here are my Kindle logs.
There are several interesting things in those logs.

The system log starts out on June 9, 2021 and goes up to November 15 of that year before reverting back to midnight on May 1, 2021. The clock being off by that much along with the backwards jump probably indicates multiple occurrences where the Kindle's battery ran down completely, resetting the internal clock. The clock advances again to May 3, 2021 and then changes suddenly to February 7, 2024 once it connects to Amazon.

The Kindle is running firmware version 5.13.7 which was released in 2021. As far as I know the book deletion problem started happening in 2023. So it seems that the change causing books being deleted probably occurred on Amazon servers rather than in the Kindle firmware.

I am not certain what exactly in the log corresponds to the deletion of books. The most likely is the pair of entries that occurs 16 times in the log:

Code:
cvm[5380]: I ReaderSDKImpl:Information::Processing remove item
cvm[5380]: I ReaderSDKImpl:Information::Successfully deleted content
Also suspicious are 24 occurrences of:

Code:
archive[2987]: I archive:ProcessArchiveItem:status=success,cdeKey=<private>,cdeType=EBOK,title=<private>,action=delete:Successfully processed archive item
I do not see any identification of which specific books were deleted and what triggered the deletion to occur.

I will continue to examine the logs. However at this point I do not expect to find anything that could be useful in pinpointing the exact cause or preventing this type of deletion from occurring in the future.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 06:19 AM   #284
BlackQueenKnight
BlackQueenKnight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Processing archive items... Something to do with Quick Archive auto triggering if you haven't connected to the servers in the timeframe you have it set at, or perhaps shenanigans with Personal Document Archiving?

Been going over some threads after booting up my paperwrite the first time after about a year and trying to figure out what happened, so I stumbled across the thread. Didn't realize it was sort of a use or lose it situation when adding stuff to the Kindle. So annoying...
BlackQueenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:38 PM   #285
arturg
Zealot

It would be interested to see if this behavior would persist if Calibre would mark the side loaded books as documents instead of books.