Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
Battery Usage -V2 S/W

I read in one of these threads, someone getting excessive battery usage on V2 Software.

Mine is an old 512Mb 200Mhz machine, the wife's is a 400Mhz machine.
Both have gone from approx 70-80% to nothing in two days and about 100-200 pages each best guess, but no more.

Seems excessive.
Anyone else get similar?
Does V1.5 (mobi) work better?

any clues?

ta
Jeff
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Don't have any problem with mine, v. 1.5. It's really better.
I didn't recharge it since update on 24th (it showed then 90%), just plugged it the time to put ebooks on it, and test for different trees of folders.
I read about 1500 pages (as far as I can count, as the Cybook doesn't display page numbers, but Mobipocket Reader does it...), and it just falled to 80%.
So for me it's a great improvement, on the contrary.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps it's just that the battery meter hasn't yet calibrated with the new firmware? Try using it until the battery's run flat, and only then re-charging, and see if that helps.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Current battery statut for me is 50%. Sounds quitte close to what i had before.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Battery died when I was reading yesterday. If firmware 2.0 made any changes from 1.9 as far a battery life is concerned, change's not big.

And I really need to watch my battery more.

Quote:
Try using it until the battery's run flat
Actually batteries don't really like that. Avoid getting them to 0% if you can help it.
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Actually batteries don't really like that. Avoid getting them to 0% if you can help it.
No need to worry about it. The machine won't let the battery get "really" flat. It's fine to run it until the reader turns off due to running out of power.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
Tubruk
Tubruk began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
I've got the same problem. After updating the firmware to 2.0. Battery drains in two days to zero.
Is there a solution yet?
Tubruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
No need to worry about it. The machine won't let the battery get "really" flat. It's fine to run it until the reader turns off due to running out of power.
Most of time.
But i managed to get the battery flat enough so it woudn't flash the led at me. (Only once though)

Quote:
I've got the same problem. After updating the firmware to 2.0. Battery drains in two days to zero.
Is there a solution yet?
Two day ?
Either your battery is dead, either you cybook is having a problem. Or maybe someting managing to push the button. (my opus can stay always on, it last a little more than one week)
So unless you're making an intensive use of your cybook, it have a problem. Contact bookeen.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But anyway she is right Lithium battery really dislike to be fully depleted. You need to keep the battery a bit charged, this is a good habit.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
jethro10
Enthusiast
jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jethro10 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: cybook
Mine did settle down as indicated over a few weeks and a few charges.

Jeff
jethro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I am too experiencing what seems to be a shorter battery life, after upgrading to 1.5. I do not believe I could end a 2-3 hundred pages book, but I am aware that my habits could be the culprit, i.e. letting the Cybook turn itself off and turning it on a number of times per day, because I read when I can. That means that my device bootstraps a number of times per day, and that might deplete the battery a little bit more than usual. To resume, according to me, the reasons I can think of are :
  1. turning on / bootstrapping (as explained before)
  2. navigating the folders
  3. opening books
  4. turning pages
  5. bad battery
Probably the mix of all these reasons (excluding the last) due to the personal usage of the device, will give a different life to the battery. My suspicions are strong on the bootstrap and on the battery though. Some suspicion is also on the folder navigation, as something different from the previuos firmware version is happening, of course. Although it seems to find the right folder faster. I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro10 View Post
I read in one of these threads, someone getting excessive battery usage on V2 Software.

Mine is an old 512Mb 200Mhz machine, the wife's is a 400Mhz machine.
Both have gone from approx 70-80% to nothing in two days and about 100-200 pages each best guess, but no more.

Seems excessive.
Anyone else get similar?
Does V1.5 (mobi) work better?

any clues?

ta
Jeff
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
I am too experiencing what seems to be a shorter battery life, after upgrading to 1.5.
What exactly do you mean by shorter ? How long ?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
It is hard to say for sure, as I have very little data to compare exactly. I did not make any measurement.
But with the previuos version I was able to recharge every couple of weeks, when the battery level was about 50%. Now I am recharging every week, because roughly every day I lose at least 10% of the battery.
Having seen the apparent bug of the battery meter (it shows one thing at boot time, and something else, 10-20% more if I open and close a book) the measurement becomes harder, as I do not know if I can trust my Cybook indications.
I probably should try leaving it on continuously to see how long it actually lasts.
I remember somebody (probably you ?) who said he left it on continuously and had to recharge it every 4 days. I can try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What exactly do you mean by shorter ? How long ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 AM   #14
Tubruk
Tubruk began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubruk View Post
Is there a solution yet?
Hi, back again.
I know a bit more, it's not the battery. At the moment i'm reading a book that is more than 1Mb. In seems that after the upgrade to V 2.0 my (older) Cybook got difficulties with saving data. Often when I stop reading it freezes or getting in a start-up loop.
That results in a energy drain and when I start reading again my battery is flat.
So I guess I have to search in another topic for the freezing problem.
Thanks for your help.
Tubruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #15
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Which version of the Cybook do you have all of you ?

If you have a 200Mhz unit, they are some known problem with the ePub version due to the low memory (16MB instead of the 32 of the newers) amount these device have...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote