Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
IBOOKN Font for OpenInkpot?

After many firmware crashes (and much experimentation) I am giving up on BeBook firmware for my Bebook and switching exclusively to OpenInkpot. However, I very much miss the IBOOKN font that I favor and have used with Mobipocket titles on my BeBook, and cannot find an OI font that replaces it satisfactorily for me. Does anyone know where I might find this font and be able to load it for use in my OI firmware?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
The IBOOKN font is included as a ttf font in the Hanlin SDK - http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...evelop/sdk.asp I'm not sure if you can use it in OpenInkpot though.

BobC
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
The IBOOKN font is included as a ttf font in the Hanlin SDK - http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...evelop/sdk.asp I'm not sure if you can use it in OpenInkpot though.

BobC
Thank you for that info, BobC!!!!

I downloaded the SDK and extracted the IBOOKN fonts, and put them in OI's font directory on my V3. When I tried changing fonts in an EPUB, IBOOKN and IBOOKR were listed as available fonts. I did not much like the looks of IBOOKN, but IBOOKR was an OK high contrast font. FWIW, the same IBOOKR selection also appeared in my V5 running Lbook firmware and looks OK there too. For OI I still prefer the Liberation font, so I went back to it again.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Thank you for that info, BobC!!!!

I downloaded the SDK and extracted the IBOOKN fonts, and put them in OI's font directory on my V3. When I tried changing fonts in an EPUB, IBOOKN and IBOOKR were listed as available fonts. I did not much like the looks of IBOOKN, but IBOOKR was an OK high contrast font. FWIW, the same IBOOKR selection also appeared in my V5 running Lbook firmware and looks OK there too. For OI I still prefer the Liberation font, so I went back to it again.
Thanks guys. In the interim since my initial query, I'd settled on the Linux Libertine O font contained already in OI, and using a Bold setting I am now reasonably satisfied. However, Dave, if you would care to provide me rather more specific instructions on how to "extract" the IBOOK fonts, or provide them to me in another manner, I'd be interested in trying them out. I fear that any attempt on my part to go myself into the source file, which I appreciate Bob having provided an entry to, could prove somewhat bewildering to me.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
However, Dave, if you would care to provide me rather more specific instructions on how to "extract" the IBOOK fonts, or provide them to me in another manner, I'd be interested in trying them out.
Private email sent.
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
ascherjim
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Private email sent.
Issue resolved most satisfactorily through private email, once again with the excellent assistance of Dave_S.