Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
bionet
bionet began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
how to translate Sigil ?

hello,

I just want to know the way to translate Sigil into French language.

thank you
bionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionet View Post
hello,

I just want to know the way to translate Sigil into French language.

thank you
Well, Sigil uses the Qt framework which has extensive support for i18n and L10n. It should be fairly easy to translate it into a language other than English.

If you really want to do this, you should read up on Qt's i18n documentation. Be prepared to write some code, too.

Personally, I don't think it's the right time to start translating Sigil since it's still under heavy development. Any strings you translate could (and will) quickly become obsolete and new ones will pop up regularly.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
bionet
bionet began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Be prepared to write some code, too.
So, there's no "po" file for the translations (for use with gtranslator, poEdit or else) ?

(a French link about Sigil on Ubuntu http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/sigil)

Last edited by bionet; 11-30-2009 at 05:41 AM.
bionet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionet View Post
So, there's no "po" file for the translations (for use with gtranslator, poEdit or else) ?

(a French link about Sigil on Ubuntu http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/sigil)
Nope. As I've said, I don't think Sigil should be translated right now, so I haven't added the necessary infrastructure for it.

You are free to do it yourself if you wish.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Linuxgirl
Linuxgirl began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
Translations for Sigil

Hi Valloric,

thanks for the info. When the time comes that you think Sigil is ready for translations, I volunteer for doing a german translation.
It's a really nifty program and I made some very nice epubs with it already.
And a big thank you to you all who make such programs possible.
Linuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I believe that Valloric has made some changes in the framework to make this possible in 0.4, at least he made a twitter comment about it some months ago.
I volunteerd to make the dutch translation and he reported he would give a signal if the program was ready for translation. So far nothing, so not in this release I think.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
Valloric

Yeah, I'm a bit bogged down now, but a translation framework is a top priority for me. You'll see it in the next few months.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How is the job-hunting going?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
How is the job-hunting going?
It's done, I signed a contract yesterday. More info on the blog soon.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard

Congrats!