Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Endless Conversion lit->epub

Hmm, not sure if this has been answered yet since a search did not provide good results. I have noticed that some .lit books seem to take a long time to convert or actually never convert. I am using 0.5.7 on Mac OS X and the .lit files are not DRM'd.

From the console app, it seems that the jobs are actually not even started. For example, I started a conversion and waited over 30 minutes with no change. When I look in the console, it seems that nothing has happened. Then I stop the conversion, and the console shows this:

20/04/09 8:23:15 PM SyncServer[8106] SyncServer: Truth vacuumed. Next vacuum date 2009-05-04 20:23:15 -0700
20/04/09 8:34:18 PM [0x0-0x410410].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[8072] Job: Convert book: *******
20/04/09 8:34:18 PM [0x0-0x410410].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[8072] **JobKilled**: Job stopped by user
20/04/09 8:34:18 PM [0x0-0x410410].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[8072] Exploding LIT file: /var/folders/cn/cncd5ho2GXOwQFm1q4K7l++++TI/-Tmp-/calibre_0.5.7_m4XZP8.lit
20/04/09 8:34:18 PM [0x0-0x410410].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[8072] Creating EPUB file...
20/04/09 8:34:18 PM [0x0-0x410410].net.kovidgoyal.calibre[8072] [INFO] Parsing -Tmp-/calibre_0.5.7_YpEZEQ_any2epub2/******

Yet the book conversion was actually started over 30 min earlier. The lit files are about 700-800 KB in size. Any thoughts? Am I not waiting long enough and should just leave these ones overnight?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks like there's something weird about these lit files. Opena ticket and atatch one of them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
files emailed.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Having the same problem here. I have opened the files in MS reader and extracted them with CLIT and they seem ok. I just tried a batch of 16 LIT files and it hung after the 3rd file.

CALIBRE-PARALLEL is running at 100% CPU and has a huge memory footprint (185MB). I stopped the conversion, but none of the other files converted. I had to restart calibre.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
Having the same problem here. I have opened the files in MS reader and extracted them with CLIT and they seem ok. I just tried a batch of 16 LIT files and it hung after the 3rd file.

CALIBRE-PARALLEL is running at 100% CPU and has a huge memory footprint (185MB). I stopped the conversion, but none of the other files converted. I had to restart calibre.

Art
Had similar problems with a few lits... will have more info once my collection is in... will have a bunch of lit to convert!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student1 View Post
Had similar problems with a few lits... will have more info once my collection is in... will have a bunch of lit to convert!
Indeed, I have converted a few hundred MOBI files now, and a handfull (a dozen or so) required extraction and cleaning of the html to compile into epub successfully.

By contrast I tried about 3 dozen LIT files yesterday and gave up after a couple of hours or so since it seems every other file went 30 minutes or more without any signs of finishing, a few actually crashing the app.

I have better success extracting the lit files with CLIt and importing the resulting HTML directly.

A funny things is that if I extract the lit file, and compile the resulting OPF with Mobi Creator, I can usually then import the resulting MOBI file to Calibre and then convert to EPUB. Much longer process, hence I just extract to html and import directly.

I would say that there is something hinky with the LIT conversion routines. Not surprising really as LIT is a closed standard?, I figure most conversion processess are created by reverse engineering ( am I wrong?).

Cheers

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote