Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 04:18 AM   #1
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
ONYX BOOX N96 ML Front Light verses Hanvon E930

Which one has dimmer for warmer front light?
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 AM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Sorry, what do you mean? Dimmer front light, warmer frontlight, or a dimmer (control) for the frontlight? ��
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Sorry, what do you mean? Dimmer front light, warmer frontlight, or a dimmer (control) for the frontlight? ��
All three. And how does it does compare to Kobo Aura One as I heard Kobo Aura one has a very warm front light
Old 11-18-2016, 02:47 AM   #4
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
The E930's frontlight is slightly bluish, rather cool. Brightness can be adjusted on a scale of 0 to 20.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #5
teotjunk
Connoisseur

Blueish means it is bad for sleep?
Advert
Old 11-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
Blueish means it is bad for sleep?
So some people would have you believe. Personally I've been reading in bed with devices that emit blue light for 30+ years without the slightest problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:23 AM   #7
teotjunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So some people would have you believe. Personally I've been reading in bed with devices that emit blue light for 30+ years without the slightest problem.
I never had problems sleeping despite not exercising regularly in the past but when I started exercising regularly I slept much better
Old 12-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
Juliette2701
Juliette2701 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Has anyone heart of the Hanvon E960.
I heart it is coming next year.
Kind regards Juliette.
Juliette2701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
All three. And how does it does compare to Kobo Aura One as I heard Kobo Aura one has a very warm front light
As far as I know, the Kobo Aura ONE is the only e-ink device that allows you to adjust the 'temperature' of the front light. All the rest have standard fronlights that range from bluish to white.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #10
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
As far as I know, the Kobo Aura ONE is the only e-ink device that allows you to adjust the 'temperature' of the front light. All the rest have standard fronlights that range from bluish to white.
The Tolino Vision 4HD also has adjustable light temperature.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote